“Good Spring FRESH Spring Rolls” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Santa Cruz, California
“Good Spring FRESH Spring Rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The fresh spring rolls are delicious (MAYBE...a little too much lettuce) but the combo of ingredients they put in the rolls is excellent. Hot and sour soup is hearty. The egg foo young is wonderful here.

• Visited April 2013

Felton, California
“we do regular pho”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

my wife does raw beef pho and fresh spring rolls as far as i know the only place around that offers these - and she is satisfied w. extra basil and bean sprouts.

Visited February 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“This place has gone down hill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

OK, so Chopstix has GREAT hot & sour soup, but I’m thinking that this is the only item I’ll get from them from now on. Read on.
Items that I’ve ordered that are marked as “spicy” simply have siracha sauce tossed on them, leaving the flavor overly spicy, yet bland while hot. Not the best method to create chinese heat.

I used to thoroughly enjoy their dim sum green onion pancakes, as they had lots of flaky layers of yummy dough, deep fried to a golden brown. Then, the pancakes started being served over-cooked. I mentioned this on the phone for a to-go order recently and the person on the phone said, “no problem, we have a new chef.” Well, yeah, the pancakes were no longer over-cooked, but it appears that the new recipe skimps GREATLY on the true process to make these correctly, like they used to be. I make these at home, and there is a process that creates the many flaky layers. Now, the many flaky layers are GONE, and it’s as it they stuck two layers of dough together and deep fried them. Bad move.

Another thing I regularly enjoyed was the tomato-beef chow mein. They use good and plump chow-mein noodles, but the item was always sketchy in its availability; to the point that I always had to call first to make sure that they had tomatoes that night (which wasn’t often). When they did have tomatoes, they were fresh cut tomatoes. Last week, I ordered it and they were out of tomatoes. I even said, “there’s a health food store right across the road (like 300 feet away) and a supermarket a ¼ mile away...how can you not have tomatoes?” The next week, I ordered it and they did have tomatoes. However, when I got it home, the few chunks in the chow-mein were horrible CANNED tomatoes that really detracted from the dish. It was not good. If I had eaten in, I probably would have thrown the dish at the cooks (note: NOT chefs).

Stick with the hot and sour soup here and you’ll be fine.

• Visited December 2012
Bay Area, CA
“Great take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The food here is consistently good. It's average in price. Friendly service. Take out is better than dine in. They have a ginger chicken that is out of this world.

Worth a try if you are in the area.

Visited December 2011
Sacramento, California
“Awesome little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

During a visit out to Santa Cruz, my girlfriend and I stopped in to grab a quick bite. The server was super friendly and attentive and the food was authentic and AMAZING! I'm really bummed I still cant find a place like this where I live. If I lived near Felton, this would definitely be a go-to place when I was in the mood for Chinese.

If I'm every through there again, I'm going to be sure to stop by!

• Visited April 2012