“Quality Food - Great Wait Staff”

Cowboy Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Felton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm pretty picky when it comes to food. This place had really good food at a very fair price. The bar menu was nice as well. Would eat here again for sure.

There are newer reviews for Cowboy Bar and Grill

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This used to be called the Cowboy Diner, but as of lately has become the Cowboy Downer. Too bad, because I used to call this one of the best eateries in Santa Cruz County. I don't know what the chefs and owners are thinking, but food here has become less-than-stellar. Lunches here will always be a safe bet, with items like the Sloppy Jed and their burgers (the fries are pretty great). The last time I got the BBQ ribs, they were just OK. My friends and I used to LOVE their cole slaw with horseradish, but the last time I got it, I couldn't taste ANY horseradish, leaving it to be a very bland cole slaw. What up with that? At my most recent dinner there with a friend last month, I splurged and ordered the filet mignon with gorgonzola cream sauce. But honestly, if there was gorgonzola in the sauce, I couldn't taste one iota of it. Gorgonzola is a strong cheese and should have permeated the sauce to bring great flavor to the steak, but no. To give them some credit, the steak was cooked to order, but really? When I pay $30 for a steak, I expect it to be worthy of the $30. Stop calling your cream sauce "gorgonzola" cream sauce, or put some gorgonzola it in, okay?? I will still meet friends here, but will probably stick to lunches, which are a great value with good food. Service has always been prompt and friendly, leaving this to still be a great place to meet folks. It's good that they have some outdoor seating, but the staff really needs to hunker down on people that wish to smoke, as people are eating.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Surprise: this bar doesn't let that stop their chef. Sitting outdoors for lunch on their little shaded patio and chowing down on a generous chef-style salad loaded with veggies and whatever meat you may fancy, you might think you're in an elegant bistro! But their chili and burgers will remind you that it's a cowboy bar, partner. Good honest food and friendly service; a nice stop on the way through the mountain towns above Santa Cruz, or on a visit to the Roaring Camp & Big Trees Railroad Park in Felton.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went because we could have a dog on the patio, but ended up being more than surprised by the delicious and unique food. Service was excellent, and everything we ordered was very, very good. We had lunch, so we went with some of their sandwiches and burgers. Not much of a kids menu so we ordered them sides and a burger to share. We will definitely be going back here. It was a bit pricy for lunch, but worth every dollar.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Decent food, but nothing to ride home about. The food is just ok, smaller portions and expensive for being a cowboy joint. Good wine pours are very good. Chili and cornbread are tasty.