“Fabulous relaxing getaway!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Fawnskin B&B and Inns
Ventura, California
“Fabulous relaxing getaway!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We loved our two day stay at the Inn at Fawnskin in the Lake View Room. There were so many wonderful things about the Inn including: warm, wonderful hosts, amazing breakfasts, freshly made cappuccinos, great fireplace and jacuzzi tub in our room, comfy bed, homemade cookies in the cookie jar, and of course Heidi the dog. I highly recommend staying there!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
nancyceleste, Owner at The Inn at Fawnskin, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Donna-Thank you for taking the time to review our B&B. Bill, Heidi and I all appreciate it, and are so happy you had a great time!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went here in mid August after buying a living social deal earlier in the year. Since temperatures were expected to be around 80 degrees high each day, I though it would be too hot in our room, since they do not have air conditioning. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Even with highs of 80's the weather was quite pleasant the entire time we were there. When we arrived at the Inn, there was a lot of noise outside due to construction/road repair across the street. Bill said this will continue for 1 1/2 months. However, it wasn't constant and did not deter from our relaxation at this beautiful inn. We stayed in the Garden Suite, since it is hard for my husband to walk upstairs due to the arthritis in his knees. (If you also cannot walk upstairs, look at all of my hotel reviews, because they are all on first floors or places with elevators.) The room was large and really beautiful. There was a small sitting area with a pot belly stove, which was nice to use one cold early morning. The grounds were very pretty. The breakfast was very good. I noticed from their brochure that they serve capuccino with breakfast, and I asked for it the first day. The second day, I was asked if I wanted one, and even offered a second one. We enjoyed that the innkeepers sat and ate breakfast with all of us, instead of just serving us breakfast. They were very good conversationalists. The service was excellent. It only took 10 minutes to get to the restaurants in Big Bear, and their recommendations were good. I prefer Fawnskin, which is on the north side of the lake, to staying in Big Bear. I look forward to coming here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for writing a review for our Bed and Breakfast. Bill and I always appreciate the time it takes to write about your experiences, and especially when you had such a good time!
Monrovia, California
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Bill and Nancy were wonderful hosts. We were served with superb breakfast each morning of our stay.
The inn has a very relaxing, cozy feel.
We stayed at the Garden Suite, nice, comfortable bed, cozy sitting area with a fireplace, with a private deck and easy access to the garden.
We enjoyed the view of the lake and the serenity of the surrounding.
We'd love to come back and stay here again soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J I
La Jolla, California, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The Inn at Fawnskin was picture perfect, warm and beautiful. Nancy and Bill were incredible hosts with great tips on everything from food to ski parking. Our lake view suite had a beautiful view, was enormous and had a jacuzzi tub that was amazing after a day on the slopes. We can't wait to return in the summer! Would highly recommend the inn to anyone looking for a perfect weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Lakeview suite is the way to go!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael T
Grangeville, Idaho
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The home itself it gorgeous and many, many extra touches make it fun just to walk through and look at structure of the home, the antiques and many touches. I had negotiated a special rate that did not include breakfast (served past the time i was leaving each of the 3 mornings I stayed). I was truly sorry to miss it since everyone raves about it. I agree, some things could have been a little better. They ask that you don't leave the heater on druing the day so the first day I got back to my room it was freezing and took forever to warm up. Never could get the room heated up much, even when I put the heater all the way up. Could use a really good cleaning, I know it is a log home, but even the lamps and bedrailings were dusty. Time for a good spring cleaning. Loved the DVD library and watched a movie two nights. Availabilty of hot tea was a plus, but no (fake) creamer out the first morning and it is a big no no to go in the kitchen. They have "cookies" set out each night, but they were hard, not covered and the same ones all three days I was there. I suggest a cover be put over the plate and fresh cookies would be nice. I would not suggest thi splace for people with handicaps, because even the downstairs room you have to climb stairs to get into the B&B. The stairs going upstairs to those 3 rooms are steep and narrow. The hosts are extremely friendly and I enjoyed my visits with them and Heidi the dog.

Room Tip: I had the smallest room, the Woodland. Would not want to share it with anyone, even my husband. Ge...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank whitewolf678
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This place is cozy, full of beautiful antiques, and we got there in 1hr and 45min from South Orange County. Bill and Nancy are the best hosts and have made the Inn a true gem of a getaway. Breakfast is delicious and most of the items served are straight from Nancy's own published cookbook. We stayed for our anniversary and it was just the perfect choice! There are many things to enjoy in the Big Bear Lake area but we spent most of our time just hanging out at the Inn. I highly recommend the Inn for a unique and relaxing experience. This was our second stay here and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve D
Pasadena, California
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I only booked our stay at The Inn because of the raving reviews. I'm happy to say that they were all accurate. The inn is nicely kept and all the decor is beautiful. My husband and I usually stay at big hotels that offer generic rooms, so when we arrived at the inn, it was so nice to see all the personal touches. We found the inn to be relaxing and very accommodating. Your stay includes a homemade breakfast which was always simply delicious. They also have a very extended dvd library for late movies in your room. The inn is not located near the shopping village, but it's between a 10 minute drive. I love the fact that it's right accross the lake, so morning walks along the lake were great. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing and comfortable stay. The innkeepers are incredibly hospitable and definitely make the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HulaPris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawnskin
Big Bear Frontier
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast Inn
Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast Inn
#1 of 16 in Big Bear Region

Been to The Inn at Fawnskin? Share your experiences!