“Oh, the food!”
Review of North Shore Cafe

North Shore Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Fawnskin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Scratch restaurant well known for freshly prepared food with quality ingredients. Indoor and outside patio seating. Menus are available on the restaurant website.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The food is outstanding! Barbara makes all the desserts and Richard creates the rest. Excellent proportions. The wait staff
are efficient and charming!

There are newer reviews for North Shore Cafe

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Deciding to try it out after all the positive reviews on Yelp, and this place did not disappoint. It's small, only like 8-10 tables inside and a few outside - so we're glad we got there early. They started to get busy around 9 and there was quite a wait. They have a lot of variety and different things to choose from. I had kielbasa, eggs and french toast - all delicious. Can't remember what my hubby had, but he liked it as well. We will definitely eat here again if we go back to Big Bear.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many times. The general atmosphere and decor match the mountain. Great service and food at a reasonable price. I have always left a tip larger than I would leave at most places because the service is beyond what I usually experience. Inside and outside seating in a romantic setting. If you are a Moose Lodge member, the Moose Lodge is right across the street.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We enjoyed our two dinners at the cafe as the pet friendly outdoor option was great, our server was excellent, and the food was great. Our breakfast on the other hand..full restaurant with only one server, and she was not very good at her job, continuously slamming things onto the table and very short with her limited service, thank goodness I had my husband to refill my coffee! The food for breakfast seemed greasy and a bit unhealthy. Would definitely dine again for dinner, but not for breakfast, despite the limited options in Fawnskin for dining, the town really needs a good breakfast nook!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

North Shore Cafe is a must for anyone visiting Big Bear. Great food, great, friendly service. Richard and Barbara are wonderful hosts and great chefs. Bill and I eat there as much as we can!