“awesome service!”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed February 7, 2007

The resort is very nice. Beautiful surroundings, and, although im personally not interested in golf, a beautiful golf course. The employees at the front desk, and in room service were very friendly, and quick. The Aqua Terra restaraunt also has a very friendly staff, with excellent service, and excellent food!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BrokenDays

Reviewed October 18, 2006

We were there on our honeymoon and our room was beautiful. It did smell a little musty and there wasn't much to do if you don't golf. The restaurant had great food, but overpriced. We had originally planned 2 nights there, but only stayed 1. It's really far from anything to do off property.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justmarried1
Reviewed August 22, 2006

I haven't been to the fallbrook area in years, so it was great to have staff willing to share the cool things to do in the area. My wife and I stayed two nites, and I wish it could have been a week! We played a round of golf, and was sorry that the gps didn't work, but after playing all the years I've played, we had a great round. Course was in primo shape, staff at the pro shop was super, charge the beers to your room- no problem-that was hassle free thruout. Food was outstanding- and the staff didn't make us feel like we had to hurry and leave (even tho we should have) it was past 11 pm. Just respect the wait staff and give a good tip! They are worth every dime! Check out was easy, and we can't wait to go back!! Now that we are back in Sedona, the only thing I don't miss is the Smog!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank buzzardonwheels
Reviewed July 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed here only one night, and we were glad that was all we planned. We checked in and the people at the front desk were friendly. The restaurant food and service were good but overpriced. Nice view of the golf course from the dining area. The grounds looked well maintained, but unfortunately, that did not carry over to the room.

The room was so musty and moldy smelling we had to air it out for 5 hours before we could close the sliding door to sleep since there was a wedding party in the suite next door. At least it had a high ceiling so it wasn't too stuffy after airing it out. The room had a small balcony which was ok, but the view was obscured by the trees. The decor in the room was outdated, it probably hadn't been redecorated since the late 70's. One review said they could hear the freeway from the buildings, but all the buildings were next to each other and we couldn't hear the road at all.

The worst part of the stay was that both my husband and I woke up aching from the terrible beds. He was going to play golf, but was too sore and tired to do so after the lack of sleep. Every time either of us moved on the bed, the other woke up or practically bounced off the bed. Aside from that, the room was relatively clean, though they needed to run an air cleaner in the room badly.

We were also put into a handicapped room for no reason. Neither of us looked even slightly handicapped or much over 30. You may want to make sure all the rooms are not like that if you decide to stay there. The only benefit was you could sit while taking a shower. They had a great showerhead, but no water pressure, so the water just drizzled out on all settings but one.

The coffeemaker dripped cold water before it was plugged in. They had a large TV and adequate closet space. We got the room on a special of $59.95, but felt that was overpriced for the condition of the room, and the location. We heard the rooms go for an average of $150 or more per night. Definitely NOT worth it!!

In case you are planning to travel here, there is not a lot to do in this area besides golf, especially for someone looking for a night life. It is probably a 20 minute drive or more to the nearest grocery store, and about 30-40 minutes to the nearest beach. We live in the eastern part of San Diego about 90 minutes away, so we only stayed here to visit family.

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank pchampion25
Reviewed June 18, 2006

We have visited Pala mesa resort several times and we will be staying again this weekend. I am suprised at so few reviews as we have found this resort to be quaint and charming. The rooms are open and airy. All have balconies or nice patios overlooking the golf course or the woody area. My husband is a golfer and loves the course. For me i bring along my little pup (small dogs accepted with deposit) and we walk the grounds and relax. (she loves to see all the squirrels) We have room service for breakfast every morning we are here. The best omlettes with the freshest ingredients are found here and quick prompt service. All rooms have refrigerators so we usually bring our own water and soft drinks, wine...etc. I havent personally been to the spa but my friends tell me it is lovely. The beds are so comfy you will feel like you are at home. Granted this is not a 5 star hotel. But Pala Mesa staff trys to make it feel that way, with welcome fruit and comforts that larger hotels charge big for..If you want a quiet getaway this is the place to be.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank Ashleezmom
Reviewed April 13, 2006

My husband and I found the Pala Mesa Resort a welcome retreat close to home (less than an hours drive) since our get aways are often limited to 1-2 nights. LOcated off the 15 freeway on the way to San diego it still feels away from it all. Although we are not golfers the course looked beautiful and well maintained but did not seem overly busy for a beautifull Saturday morning. The Aquaaterra restaurant provided a super meal with excellent service, breakfast was delicious as well over looking a pond and waterfall. Our room was spacious and well appointed with a view of the golf course. I loved the down comforter onthe bed! The grounds here are lovely, with walking paths and many water features, our morning and evening strolls were one of the high points of our brief stay. We will be back again soon!

8  Thank redheadedangel41
Reviewed August 21, 2005

Unless you want to Golf, don't bother with this one.
The Rooms were old and musty. No Character and you feel very isolated from everything.
If your looking for a fun, happening hotel- this is NOT the place to be.
The wait for breakfast was 20 mins because they did'nt have adequate service. The pool was isolated and the only refreshment served was a Pepsi machine in the corner. Nuff said!

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank jod2la
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
Fallbrook Country Inn
Fallbrook Country Inn
#1 of 6 in Fallbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!