“Awesome”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Billings, Montana
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed at the resort for five days.Our room was big, roomy and clean. The maids made a number of shapes out of towels it made feel special. The surrounding area was clean and refreshing. Everything we wanted to do was within driving range. I would recommend this resort too all my friends. I would like to thank all the staff that took care of us.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

Pala Mesa Resort is amazing! My husband and I went there recently for a little wine tasting getaway and decided to stay at Pala Mesa because it looked so beautiful. We were not dissapointed. The Office Manager Dell was super friendly and took the time to show us on a map all the different wineries in the area and gave us tips on which ones we should def check out. We loved the recommendations and he also told us to check out Old Town Temecula - which we did - and again were not dissapointed. The town was charming.
We stayed in the Executive Suite which was very spacious and oh so comfortable. I would def recommend Pala Mesa Resort - we had an amazing time. And ask Dell for some tips for good wineries or restaurants - he's super nice and very helpful. Cant wait to go back for another weekend of wine tasting :)

• Stayed May 2010
Tustin, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

The golf course is pretty nice; front nine has super tight fairways and is challenging; back nine is much more forgiving. Good 'big boy' course for a new player. The starter was very rude to us and made us practically run to the 1st tee. The other two-some we played with weren't very interested in playing with us, so they split off, which made the rest of the golf day very enjoyable. Strange - no cart girl and the snack shop closed at 3 (we played on a Sunday). My biggest beef - the snotty people at check in - this isn't the 4 Seasons, people! We were traveling with my elderly and handicapped parents. We car pooled down, so when the needed help to their 'special needs room' (which was ALL the way at the other end), the dopey girl told them to walk. On oxygen and walker, not a good idea. Finally, the property engineer took them. When we went to our room (next to mom and dad for handicapped), I was apalled. Towel carts in front of our doors, trash in the bushes and about as far as you could get from the restaurant. Stupid.

The restaurant was EXPENSIVE but tasty - if you like fish. Good sushi, good cocktails, excellent service.

If you come and get the golf package, this is a pretty good deal. The rooms are average at best (hello, where's the dust ruffle and the extra pillows?) Otherwise, golf closer to home.

I think if the front desk was a little bit nicer, I wouldn't be as bitter - but I don't like a consdensing, snotty person treating me as if I'm some hayseed from the farm. Really left a bad taste in my mouth...

AND TREAT HANDICAPPED PEOPLE BETTER - I wasn't pretty ticked about room location for my parents.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
San Marcos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

My best friend had her wedding here, and we were amazed at how wonderful it was, especially since it was right on the freeway. The staff was absolutely wonderful, they helped out wherever they could, and more. Clean up was the smoothest I have ever encountered, and everything about the day was amazing. Would definetly recommend them for weddings as well as resorts.

• Stayed April 2010
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

I was lucky enough to have my wedding at Pala Mesa and I wouldn't have changed a thing! From the start it was easy to form relationships with the catering manager and on-site wedding coordinator. We had fun every step of the way and we knew we were in good hands. For the wedding we had both local and out of town guests. Even the local guests opted to get a room as a min-vacation and had only the best things to say. The rooms were spacious and I LOVED the bed! It felt like a cloud. Definitely spend some time at the restaurant for the happy hour specials and sushi. I recommend the peanut butter filled jalapeno poppers with fresh raspberry puree. Beatiful Views, Private and better than I ever could have imagined! Thanks Pala Mesa!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

Our Son and Daughter in Law were married at the Pala Mesa Resort on April 16th, 2010. The entire staff from the registration people, the wedding planner, restarant staff, room service etc. could not have been more accommodating, pleasant and helpfull. Everything was so well coordinated and the service and freindship was second to none. Could not have been any more enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2010
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Our experience at Pala Mesa Resort was absolutely unbelivable! My wife and I had our wedding ceremony & reception there on April 16th, 2010. It was perfect from beginning to end! The service was second to none, the location stuck in a panoramic view of the Fallbrook mountains, man made waterfalls and babbling brooks made the atmosphere just incredible! The golf course was in prestine condition, the service in the golf shop was fantastic and everyone of my family and friends had nothing but positive things to say. Aqua Tera Grill is outstanding - amazing food, wine, cocktalis, appetizers - the whole nine yards! The filet mignot we had at the wedding was to die for!

Honestly I would recommend Pala Mesa Resort to anyone! Not just for a large wedding and golf outing, but for a nice weekend with the wife or family. Great rooms, great location, perfect San Diego Weather and service second to none. My wife and I will be back without a doubt - it is only two weeks after our wedding and we are already talking about going back! Maybe a one year anniversary in one of their suites!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Temecula Creek Inn
Fallbrook Country Inn
#4 of 6 in Fallbrook
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!