“BEST THING GOING”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed October 21, 2009

For the $$ you cant come close to the deals here at the Pala Mesa Resort. The rooms are nice nothing extravagant and wasnt expecting it for the price but c'mon you can stay for the entire weekend, play 2 rounds of golf a day with cart and dont pay more than $260 I wish somebody can beat that.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 19, 2009

In three days of staying here, the restaurant tired to overcharge me no less than three times! I think they are running a scam. They say it is computer error but what computer charges different prices each time for the same thing??
Send your bill back to be corrected for charging too much and it comes back higher!! Why, because now they raise the prices on the other items on the bill!
Will give you a good laugh though.
This place must have changed hands in the last couple of years. It never used to be like this and the quality has gone with it. Good luck.
P.S. the rooms are ok but smell a bit funky. The hotel staff is nice enough.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
PalaMesaGM, General Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2009

Greetings moediego,
Thank you for your recent review re: your stay with us as well as the frustration you encountered re: your restaurant bill. I apologize for the inconvenience and am currently researching the situation to ensure we don't have more guests experiencing the same problem. I want to assure you that we are in no way shape or form running any type of scam. Please know that guest satisfaction is very important to us and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and serve you again in the future. Please contact me directly to make a reservation for a guest room or dinner reservation and I'll personally handle for you. Thank you again for your feedback, and most importantly thank you for your business.

PalaMesaGM

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was set up with a room at this hotel, and I can not complain about the stay. The lobby is very nice but gives a false sense of the hotel. The rooms were fine, but were set up in Motel style.

This was not the most convenient place to stay, 45 minutes from San Diego, 2 hours from LA, and 45 minutes from the closest beach. Although I do have to say that it was really nice to just be away from everything.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I was disappointed when I planned my stay and then read the reviews. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. True, the hotel was a bit outdated. I wasn't expecting much from the area... the golf course was amazing, as was the view. The hidden gem, however, was the Aqua Terra restaurant. As a frequent traveler hotel restaurants can be seriously lacking. I attribute the "slow" service to that fact that the restaurant is fine dining. I dine frequently at fine restaurants and have experienced a far longer wait with a less gracious staff. The food was worth the wait and the staff was friendly without being annoying. I sense flaws more in management structure. As the other reviewer said "poor control."

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2008

My husband and I stayed overnight to attend a wedding. The entrance to the hotel is very nice as is the front desk to check into our room. The rooms are located away from the main building and in a motel style - where you enter the room from the outside.

The room was okay. It felt more like staying in a cabin in Big Bear than a luxury resort, so I can understand why some reviewers were not impressed. It was spacious with a large walk-in closet and high celings (we were on the second floor). I couldn't say the room was clean as the carpet had stains and was a little sticky, but everything else seemed okay. I was terrified about a few reviews of bedbugs, but I double and triple checked our bedsheets and didn't find any.

Of note: The walls are SUPER THIN. People in the next room were talking in normal voices and I could hear every word they were saying!

Second note: The restaurant and room service closes at 10:00PM, so you'd have to drive off site - which was the center of Fallbrook about 10 minutes away - where we only found drive-thru fast food places open at that time.

The next morning, we met our friends for breakfast at the restaurant with plans to join a wine tasting tour afterwards. To make a long story short, we got our times mixed up and didn't have much time to spare. We promptly told the waiter that we were in a hurry and requested if they could bring coffee and whatever pastry they had available as soon as possible. We waited for 15 minutes before it arrived (and our table was right next to the kitchen)! I took a look around and the restaurant wasn't even busy (luckily the tour bus waited for us). On a positive note, the pastries (I got apple and my husband got cherry) were good despite the slow service.

We didn't have a chance to explore the grounds or use any of the spa or golf services, so I can't comment on that. Overall, we didn't have a bad experience, but I felt the price of the room was not well justified. If I had to do it all again, I would stay at the Comfort Inn down the street. I think we would probably have a comparable room for a much better price.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 2, 2008

When we asked for check in early, the front personell said not early but can check out late. However he offered to go to lower grade. On check out day, front desk offered no check out unless to pay $75.00 extra which was unheard of.
Restaurant; an order will takes at least 10 min to just bring the menu, and takes about 20 min to bring the food. I must add that the restaurant was not busy at all.
Make sure the omlet is not burned.
We stayed for two days, on seconed day of our stay, we noticed that the trash was not empty, the balconey and the chairs, table were not cleaned at all even on the first day of checking in, the bed was not kneatly organized.
The pool; needs a phone to just let someone know abut needing towels. There is not at least a buckett of cold ice water like any other resort for the guest.
The tables by the pool are all dirty. There is no hot water in the bathroom for washing after swimming or a hanger to hang your towels/clothes
This resort could be good if it kept nice and organized

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We were at the resort for a wedding. The rooms were spacious but out of date. Kind of overpriced for what we received. My daughrter-in-law woke up with bedbug bites all over her midsection. They transferred her family to another room but gave no discount for the irritating bug bites. They should have reimbursed her for that night.
Stay again? I don't think so.

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank water12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!