“Very Disapointed”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The room smelled gross and musty, the bedding was stained, the AC wasn't working, and the shower/tub was stained. The paring area is really dark. The outside entrance looks nice and I didn't expect the room to be so bad. I'm glad I only stayed 1 night!

Room Tip: I don't know if the Deluxe rooms are better, but the standard rooms are gross.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Claudia A.,

I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room. So far as the AC goes, I hope that an engineer was able to fix it for you. Also, we are expecting a complete makeover of the resort this year. That will encompass not only each room but also the rest of the grounds, including the restaurant! I hope that once this renovation takes place, you will consider staying with us again so that you can have a better experience. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

If you're looking for the perfect wedding venue or a vacation spot for your family, go to Pala Mesa! My husband and I got married there on 8/2/13. We looked at quite a few venues in San Diego before we made it up to Pala Mesa. We went for our tour and knew in a matter of minutes that we found our venue. It was perfectly groomed, the standards that are included in their packages are considered "upgrades" at other places, the food is delicious, and their customer service was outstanding. I had the pleasure working with Luciana and Briana throughout my months of planning. They made everything very simple and were more than accommodating with all of our requests.

When we met with our other vendors (florist and DJ) we told them we were getting married at Pala Mesa and they could not say enough great things about the venue, the staff and the service. Our rehearsal dinner was seamless and our wedding day was more than perfect. Thank you Pala Mesa for making our day the best it could be. We can't wait to celebrate with you on our anniversary!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

CaraBenthal,

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience here at the Pala Mesa Resort. I'm glad we were able to have the honor of being your venue on your special day! Luciana and Briana are indeed wonderful wedding coordinators. We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary, and hopefully many other times as well!

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Laid back hotel and golf. Nothing fancy but we enjoyed the lack of any pretentiousness. Rustic charm with golf! Gotta love it! Restaurant was a special surprise with creative menu. Everything beautifully prepared and presented. Kudos to the chef! Entire staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back when we need a quick affordable getaway.

• Stayed: January 2014
PMRManagement, Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear MrsRAZRHWK,

We will be making some big and exciting changes to our property in the upcoming year. We hope to keep that "rustic charm" that you mentioned and make us easily accessible for all walks of life. The stigma for some resorts can come off "pretentious" and I am glad you didn't get that impression with us. Thanks again for visiting!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Make sure you don't have any valuables in your car! We lost two duffel bags but luckily nothing too valuable. No security and 3 cars, including ours, was broken into. Tried calling the front desk the next morning and tried 3 different extensions and no one answered. Tried calling back 15 minutes later with same result. Good to know no one answers in case of an emergency or needed customer service.

On the bright side, restaurant food and view from restaurant was amazing. Customer service in the restaurant was great!

Our room was dark, there were burn holes in the comforter and the shower head was rather low (and I'm only 5'6). However, the cleaning staff was very responsive and friendly.

We only stayed one night and forfeited our second night due to the unfortunate break in. Didn't really make us feel safe.

Pool was warm which was great! Most places don't keep their pool warm enough.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear California_Pygmalion,

I want to personally apologize for the unfortunate events that happened to during your stay with us. Theft in the area is a very rare occurrence at our property, and our security guards document hourly suspicious activity. They strive to cover all areas so events like this do not happen. Our front desk team is around 24 hours for any emergency and I have sent an engineer to inspect the phones you utilized.

I am happy to hear you got a chance to enjoy our food and beverage as well as our heated pool! We will be making some amazing changes here and with our new renovation i hope you do come back to see what we will have to offer!

-Jarred Bryant

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I went to a marriage retreat this weekend and I can't complain the food was DELICIOUS! !! The place is not modern but it was clean... employees were nice the only suggestion to the front desk is to give all the info when people check in like a map of the resort, things to do, special, etc... we had to be asking for information. They recommend good places once we asked. Other than that I'll come back

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank yerikua

Dear yerikua,

Thank you for your review! I have spoken personally to my Front Desk team and have placed a few procedures to make sure guests are fully aware of their surroundings! I know our property is large and getting to know it can be a challenge. But hopefully these changes will serve in the betterment of all future guests!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our daughter was married at Pala Mesa Resort on January 4, 2014. The grounds and landscaping were neatly manicured and extremely clean. It was wonderful for the girls to all get ready in the bridal suite. That was very handy. Luciana, Briana, and the entire wedding staff were fabulous and so friendly and polite. I would recommend this venue for a wedding to anyone that asked me. Our day was so special and beautiful. It was flawless! We especially enjoyed when the best man rang the bell after the ceremony. Blessings!

Room Tip: The second story rooms are best because the ceilings are vaulted.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Vintagemermaidmum,

I am so happy to hear that your daughter and son-in-law had a wonderful wedding. It is comforting to know that our grounds, as well as the staff, met your expectations for the big day. I hope that the service you received will make you want to come visit us again soon! Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the bell-ringing following the ceremony--always a favorite tradition here at the Pala Mesa Resort.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My review is way overdue, but I wanted to say just how wonderful by daughter's October 2013 wedding was at this resort. We had many out of town guests stay at the resort and everyone mentioned the wonderful guest service and beautful wedding venue.

I would highly recommend the resort if you're looking to plan an unforgettable destination wedding!

Room Tip: Hillside Rooms are large and secluded.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Leslieamercado,

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful wedding experience with us, and thank you for choosing us as your venue! I am glad that you and your guests received exceptional customer service. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
#2 of 6 in Fallbrook
Ponte Vineyard Inn
Ponte Vineyard Inn
#1 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!