“A long time Gem”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Newport Beach, California
“A long time Gem”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have been going to this resort for over 30 years. It is in a lovely spot, a warm and cozy environment. Lovely well maintained golf course that is always fun to play. Rooms are large and comfortable. Maybe not as "modern" as some may like but clean and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PMRManagement, Front Office Manager at Pala Mesa Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Andrew N.,
I am so glad that you have had such a wonderful, and continuous, experience with us over the years. I am pleased that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and golf course. As you mentioned, we may not be as modern as some like, but we pride ourselves on our rustic feel. We hope that you will continue to visit us in years to come and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
burbank, ca
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed with a friend during memorial day weekend for wine tasting. I tried to get a refund from Kelly Putignani (Front Desk Supervisor) and the best they would do is give me a free night stay (not interested!). I should have gotten a refund or at least half off of what I paid. The problem was that there was a wedding reception going on most of the night with Mariachi Music and we could not get any sleep. Service was very poor and could not even get a wine opener from the front desk and the restaurant never answered neither did the "concierge" which apparently there wasn't one. The rooms are outdated and smelly. Too bad because it has potential if they would upgrade and renovate the place and not cater to weddings only. They absolutely do not care for the hotel guest and just care about making money doing weddings. Steer clear! Waste of money and time on the ph w/expedia and the resort trying to get my money back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valid908,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay on Memorial Day Weekend. We do try to cater to all our guests (wedding and hotel) as best as possible, but I am sorry that we were not able to fully accommodate your requests. I am sorry that all our bottle openers at the front desk were gone, but I hope that you were finally able to get one from the restaurant. I apologize that you were not pleased with the room, but we are expecting a major renovation in 2014. Hopefully once we have "upgraded and renovated" you will consider returning and give us a second chance to meet your expectations. Concerning a refund, I hope you understand that we had no jurisdiction over that since you had already paid for the room through Expedia. I hope that other than the inability to refund you, Kelly and the rest of the staff was courteous and helpful. Thank you for your concerns.

Travelers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

Murrieta, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We needed a quick little getaway and we're pleasantly surprised by the Pala Mesa Resort. Though it is smaller and a little older than some places, the atmosphere was very relaxing. The golf course is nicely taken care of, the food at the restaurant was VERY good, and our room was quite spacious and comfortable. The pool area is very nice with towels, showers, and a eating area with umbrellas, just make sure to bring food and drink with you. I would stay here again and join their Aqua Dinner Club, with discounts on room and food, ...and 2 free golf rounds

Room Tip: They all face the same direction, smaller rooms tend to have a better view for some reason, but then...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank muffinjen
Dear Jen,
I am glad that you were "pleasantly surprised" with our resort. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, food, rooms, and grounds. Also, you are more than welcome to order carry-out from the restaurant and bring it to the pool for a picnic! I hope you picked up an Aquaterra Application! If not, you can always find it online. It is true that you get the great deals on food and rooms as well as other amenities. And don't forget Member Mondays! You get 50% off food and beverage at the restaurant. We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We love going to Pala Mesa Resort. The golf course is beautiful. Then the rooms are so relaxing. We love sitting on our porch after a round of golf to read or talk or snack. It just makes for a beautiful weekend. We go without our daughter so we can golf, but we see lots of families at the resort. There is a small enjoyable pool and a playground too.

Room Tip: 240-243 are single story so there is no one above you. We like that.:)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathleen H.,
I am so glad you enjoy coming to the Pala Mesa Resort. As you probably already know, we do pride ourselves on our outstanding golf course, and I am glad you are able to take advantage of that activity. I am glad you enjoy the rooms and the patio; it can definitely be a nice place to relax after a long day of golf like you said. We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had reserved a room the evening before our wedding in order to be fully prepared for the day ahead of us. On that evening before the wedding a large group of our friends, whom were also staying at your resort that night, got together at the Aqua Terra Restaurant for dinner. One of our Bridesmaids who has food allergies went to seek out the Restaurant manager Bridget to discretely discuss her allergies and see if she could recommend anything on the menu that would be safe for her to consume. Apparently that particular manager has little to no experience with food allergies and proceeded to be very rude and even poke fun at her, saying "You must not eat out that often" and repeatedly told her that the food prep staff was not available to inform them about what foods may be safe. I find this extremely unprofessional. There is a large number of people out there with food allergies and your restaurant staff, especially the management, should be informed about your menu so they can give appropriate responses to your guests who have these concerns.

Room Tip: some of the "downstairs" rooms have back patios. the corresponding upstairs rooms have sli...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy T
Dear Andy T.,
I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the response received by the restaurant manager. I understand your concerns about the food allergies and being properly informed about the menu. I hope that if you return to our resort, we will be able to make a good second impression about how great our staff and service can be. Other than the small issue with the restaurant, I hope you had a great stay and congratulations on the wedding. I hope that everything went smoothly!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A nice secluded place to go and enjoy some down time. not much to do in the actual resort with the exception of golfing and hitting the pool. the rooms are clean and spacious but do need to be upgraded the pool/spa are needs a serious remolding! but over all it was nice to be away from the city for a while. the resort is not far from Pechenga Casino and Temecula wineries so if you're looking to do some other activities, you are close enough to venture out. the restaurant on site offered live music the nights that we were there (friday and saturday night) the grounds are very pretty. there was a wedding on saturday night and our room was right next to the reception so it was a little loud but not unbearable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Claudia H.,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Although you are correct about the golf and pool being our main amenities, I am glad you realized the other attractions that are close to our resort as well like Pala and Pechanga Casino, Temecula Wineries, Old Town Temecula, and even Downtown San Diego if you wanted to do a little more driving. I am glad you were pleased with the "clean and spacious" room, and I think you will delight in hearing that we are planning a major renovation in 2014. Hopefully when you come to visit us again you will be happy to see the changes we have made. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a wedding guest for four days. The limited menu offers in-room dining on Saturdays and Sundays only. The staff is very service oriented and obviously did whatever they could to make me feel comfortable. I loved it - would happily return!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank RoadRunner1444
Dear RoadRunner1444,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Pala Mesa Resort. I hope the wedding was just as enjoyable! Although Room Service is only offered on the weekends, you are always more than welcome to order carry-out from the restaurant on any day of the week. I am so glad that you also recognized our strong dedication to outstanding service. That is one of the aspects we pride ourselves on here at the resort. I hope we can look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Temecula Creek Inn
Fallbrook Country Inn
#4 of 6 in Fallbrook
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!