“Nice grounds, fair rooms”
Review of Pala Mesa Resort

Pala Mesa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Overall our experience here was very pleasant. The staff were very helpful (friendly demenor, proactive solutions, and a free upgrade because of a problem to do with the reservation); the grounds were lovely; the weather was amazing; and the brunch was decent. The rooms were fair. That we got an upgrade helped because we actually got a room with vaulted ceilings and a bar. But the standard room that I visited was just okay. If you can get a discounted rate, I would recommend staying here. The setting is absolutely gorgeous!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with vaulted ceilings...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very nice room and very clean. They have a metal pole I walked into in the walkway to my room #158 from the parking area that I did not see because it was dark at night and raining and it is painted a dark color. They should at least put some white paint on that metal pole so it can be seen at night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wayne b
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went here over the weekend for my gf's friends wedding. It was a beautiful location. The majority of the wedding guests stayed on location and everyone had great things to say. Staff was extrememly accomidating and friendly. Everything was done perfectly, we can't stay enough of this location. They have a great restaurant on location. And are pet friendly!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matt O
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I would definately recommend Pala Mesa to my golfing friends or for a vacation destination. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I did not like the wedding experience from an insiders point of view. I felt that the wedding coordinator was unorganized and ineffective at the job. When you are paying that kind of money for a once in a lifetime event you should not have to worry about a thing..that was not the case. Very poor communication was the biggest problem...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fran W
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just got married here and Pala Mesa exceeded all of our expectations. They were so friendly and helpful and made wedding planning so easy. The staff there are awesome! As the bride I was able to relax and enjoy the day without a worry. They handled everything for me. Our guests raved on the beauty and the location of this place. They kept asking us how did we find this place. The ceremony and reception site are beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I just returned from my third stay at Pala Mesa, and something has definately changed since March of 2012. Namely, the menu and quality of the food....horrible, horrible, horrible. Although every employee was courteous and friendly, I asked for a specific room when I made our reservation two months prior. They assured me it would be no problem. The room I requested and was promised was a lower room on the first hole with a clear view of the fairway from the lovely balcony. This room 216, seems to have been one of the ones "spruced up" since our stay the previous year, when we had a balcony overlooking the pool. Imagine my surprise and unhappiness when we were assigned room 244 with no balcony and no view the the first fairway, unless the groundskeepers would have cut back many trees. I asked to change rooms and was told that there were none available with a balcony and two queen beds. Our room was very musty, old and tired! However, we made the most of our bi-annual girlfirend golf getaway and played our first of two rounds of golf. To their credit I was told when I made my reservation that they were going to punch the greens two weeks prior to our stay, so I didn't expect much from them. However, they were all very inconsistent. There were no marshalls on the course and the pace of play on the Thursday of our arrival was 5-1/2 hours. Good thing we thought to bring our wine! We thought the course was in decent shape and enjoyed playing our round. Terribly disappointed in both our lunch and dinner to the point I was wondering if they either had new management or a new chef in the kitchen. They have removed several delicious items off their lunch menu which was a disappointment. In my opinion, Aquaterra really don't do breakfast well, so for the past two visits we have bypassed that meal.. What shocked us so much this time was how incredibly noisy it was at night with the freeway. Ear plugs are a must! We thought Pala Mesa was going to be our "go-to" getway for years to come, but on our way home, we were trying to find another stay and play resort because we were so disappointed. Still a good price to stay and play, but you have to weigh what is important in a resort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Right off of Old Hwy 395 is a golf resort with emense grounds, lots a rooms/buildings and wonderful mountain views. We spent a weekend at a friend's wedding and had a relaxing, restfull time without issues, anxiety or worries. Their restuarant, Aquaterra, was enjoyable without being pretentious. The room service was quick and quiet. The rooms are spacious; we had a deluxe suite with dry bar. In-room movies are expensive, up to $17 each and regular tv is not always clear, but your tucked away in the hills and surrounded by comfy pillows and quiet spaces. A popular wedding party place so be prepared but don't worry there is plenty of room on these grounds.

Room Tip: Special event rates are the best bargain.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country

Been to Pala Mesa Resort? Share your experiences!