“Bates Motel!!!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Los Angeles, California
“Bates Motel!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

The room smelled god awful! The air conditioner did not work. We were a few minutes late to check out, came back to the room and ALL our personal belonging were packed up. Everything was spilled all over my nice clothes. Others were complaining as well. Management was awful..did not want to hear a word I had to say. People, PLEASE do not stay here. I felt very violated since my intimates were touched and just thrown in a bag. No respect. whatsoever. Seriosly, it felt like the "Bates Motel".

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank dm101gahan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a rundown out dated motel. Checked in room smelled of ok'd stale cigarettes. Went to front desk to complain was advised it was a non smoking room even though there were cigarette burns all over the bed spread and an ash tray on the table, but that was the least of our problems. The room was filthy and it looked like a place where prostitutes and drug addicts live. We found roaches. The surroundings were horrible. There are a bunch of run down shacks surrounding the hotel there were even rosters that were crowing all throughout the morning. Do not judge this motel by the photos it is nothing like the photos. This was a disgusting place. I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay there.

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

Fallbrook, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

dont be fooled by the photo i have been here for 2 weeks the fallbrook p.d told me this is a place where people stay on the weekin to deal? i was put out because i was looking for apt.. and the manager said i had to many callsi had to check out. talk to me so disrespectful .it smells like dirt are something.dont take my word come look for your self.....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New Braunfels, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

I was on a cycling tour and I left my Kindle in the room. I called as soon as I got home to Texas on May 4, 2011. I was told they had "no box" and I would have to make arrangements to come get the Kindle or have it mailed to myself. I called UPS and they would print the label, receipt, etc but would not box it up. I asked the manager and the owner (two different men who hardly spoke understandable English) to please just take it to the post office and mail it COD. "No box" was the reply, over and over! Finally after a month and 9 phone calls I mailed them an EMPTY box with tissue paper, mailing label, and stamps inside so they could mail my Kindle. I received it back, finally on June 6, 2011. Their customer relations are a bit weak !!!

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have shade from west sun
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Rorbas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

Friendly Management, nice and very clean Room. Right next door on Restaurant also very Friendly and very good food ! Ideal place to stay quiet with wife or Girlfriend. Im around there i will book again ! Thank you !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank duenki
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Since this was the only hotel that was available anywhere near Temecula this particular weekend we booked it. After this stay I would have taken my chances driving back to Long Beach after a day of wine tasting than waste my money here.

The room was a bit outdated and had no appliances (fridge, hair dryer, microwave) but that wasn't really the main problem. Our first dissapointment was the pool/spa area. Upon first seeing the spa i thought it was very dirty or sandy on the bottom. Turns out it was just the paint flacking off the cement base. When we did step into it the hot tub the temperature was about the same as the pool. After getting out we had to use about 4 towels becuase they were paper thin and the size of hand towels. We did however have a pleasant time at the cantina next door.

The following morning we ventured over to see what the "breakfast" was going to be. WOW I have never seen a continental breakfast so terrible! There was a loaf of stale wheat bread in a bag in the sink. Next to that there were two containeres of crushed cereal with a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of sunny D in the not-so-cold fridge. The coffee maker was empty and the coffee pot was sitting in the sink under running water overflowing into the sink. I sat outside for about 30 min. and watched every guest walk into the breakfast room and then walk out with NOTHING! We were a few of many that walked next door to jack in the box for breakfast because whatever the hell they called breakfast was unedible. When we checked out I didn't even have the energy to complain becuase we wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Trust the reviews!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MK2141
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

It is not even 10 % like in the pictures, the smell, the decoration, the place is a MOTEL with all the odds about a road place. Every thing and living areas were odd and dirty look. I asked they to showed me the place, I decide not to stay. SORRY I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE as it feel insecure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Pala Mesa Resort
Holiday Inn Express Temecula
BEST WESTERN Country Inn
BEST WESTERN Country Inn
#10 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Fallbrook Country Inn? Share your experiences!