“STAY AWAY!!!!!”

Rodeway Inn Fallbrook
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Don’t ever stay here!!!! My wife and I stayed at the Roadway Inn this past weekend while we were attending a wedding and I couldn’t believe how rude and unfriendly the staff was in the front office. When I first called to make a reservation I quoted a price of $76.00 per-night, which included a discount for all those attending the wedding. When I arrived I was given a price of $116.00. I asked why and the person at the front desk told me he made a mistake and charged me the wrong price because he got me mixed with someone else of the same last name. I was told not worry because he’ll fix it and to call him at the front desk later to confirm that everything was taken care of. When back later that night and spoke with the same guy who checked me in he said that he wasn’t able to do anything that I was getting a great rate and he couldn’t do anything about. I tried to explain to him what happened and he kept cutting me and asking me if I had nothing better to do than call him during a wedding to complain about prices for a room. He then said it must be a pretty boring wedding if I time to call him. Every time I tried to explain to him what the problem was that he checked me in under a different rate he would cut off and tell me he won’t help me and he was to busy to talk and then he hung up on me. After that my wife and decided not to stay the night at the Roadway Inn. Luckily my uncle needed a room so I let him have mine for the night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bill N

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Have stayed there twice in last few months with my wife and two kids. Very clean, very comfortable beds and good tv selections and great wifi access. The pool was well kept and large enough for two eight year-olds to enjoy. Safe neighborhood and basic restaurant and shopping needs are within a mile. Will always stay here on trips to Legoland.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Angeleno90291
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Overall, our stay at this motel was average. The rooms are well kept and clean. The bed was very comfortable! Nice flat pane tv on the wall.

Nonetheless, I was terribly disappointed in the customer service at the hotel.

First, do not expect a "welcome" or "thank-you". I didn't expect much at $35/night, but a little common courtesy goes a long way (in America).

While there, the shower handle broke off the shower the first day. We reported it immmediately then next morning and were gone for most of the day. When we returned after 3pm, the shower had still not been repaired. I was able to use the shower, but wouldn't you know the manager (?) comes to repair the shower just as I step out. Needless to say I told him he would need to return at a better time.

Finally, I called back after checking out to see if I had left a pair of gold earrings behind. They were not terribly valuable but I am unable to locate them. Even though I recall placing them in my make-up case the evening before when we went out to dinner, I was unable to locate them. I presumed that I had just misplaced them somewhere in my baggage or purse.

Upon returning home and unpacking everything, I called the Inn to ask if perhaps they had been turned in only to be told they were busy and to call back. Hmmmph.

Even though I liked the location, and the motel was in good condition, I will not stay here again just because I did not feel welcome. Based upon some of the other reviews here, customer service seems to be a common thread. You might be a millionair, but you cannot put a price on customer service.

The Econo Lodge is directly across the street and appears to be much newer. We'll stay there next time.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the motel otherwise the noise of heavy traffic on the main drag will w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zipshouse
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Driving non stop for 3 days we stopped in here....greeted w a smile...great customer service...room was clean an cool...rates were great an pool an hot tub were bonus!!!!!! Thank u sooooo much..we will be back!!!!:))

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Sayuloveme
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife booked a room at this place and got an awesome deal online. $35 a night plus tax. I thought shoot you can't beat that. So she booked it. When she came to check in at 12pm they were so rude to her and she called me up at work and told me how mean and inconsiderate they were to her. The owner asked her what does she do and she said that she was a nursing student and the owner said [--] that get out of school! Look at me im about business im a millionaire! I mean what kind of owner would say that to his paying customer? Anyway, after check out, they didn't want to give my wife her deposited back and there excuse was that she had me and my friend stay there in the hotel. (Note: my friend from camp pendleton gave me a ride to this hotel and left immediately after that) so they didn't give us the $20 deposit back because they said that its a $10 charge for each additional person. They charged me an additional $10 to stay in my own hotel reservation. I gave them a call and told them to give my wife her deposit back or I'm going to notify my chain of command and the front desk said I have to talk to my manager and he asked for my name and I gave it to him. He said "well whatever your name is. Ill have the manager call you later" and he hung up. Never heard from them again. And the very next day after that, I checked the bank and I got another $35 transaction from this place and 2 more transactions on stand by for the same thing. Good thing Chase bank blocked it after the first one. I mean seriously what are these peoples problem? People like them have no business to be in a type of business that require customer care and customer assistance

Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank jcontreras357
Reviewed July 28, 2012

From the owner to the rooms need to go !!! Super bad service ,,
Door didnt loock , around the toilet was nasty no title .. It smell soooo bad and the owner walking around the hotel in PJs and sandals !!!
All of that for $150 a night

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Mell1
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I knew it would be bad when we had to stay here but this was worse than I ever could have imagined! it was just gross! Stayed here for a family reunion/wedding July 5-8.Not sure why the owners would go thru the expense of installing granite counter tops when they can't clean the floors, clean the screens, a/c filters,sliding door tracks and properly fix handle falling off in the shower! Prostitutes in the parking lot and rooms rented by the hour. Checking in with my sister in law, who was staying by herself in a room, my husband helped her with her bag to the room only to discover an open sliding door,an unmade bed with towels on the floor and dirty table with food, pizza boxes and half full beer bottles! The management seemed unconcerned when this was reported to them!
Only stay here if there is nothing else available in a 1000 mile radius!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Christi C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country
Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ramada Temecula Old Town
#8 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Rodeway Inn Fallbrook? Share your experiences!