WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Rodeway Inn Fallbrook

Rodeway Inn Fallbrook
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Fallbrook
Las Vegas
“Average Motel/Terrible Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Overall, our stay at this motel was average. The rooms are well kept and clean. The bed was very comfortable! Nice flat pane tv on the wall.

Nonetheless, I was terribly disappointed in the customer service at the hotel.

First, do not expect a "welcome" or "thank-you". I didn't expect much at $35/night, but a little common courtesy goes a long way (in America).

While there, the shower handle broke off the shower the first day. We reported it immmediately then next morning and were gone for most of the day. When we returned after 3pm, the shower had still not been repaired. I was able to use the shower, but wouldn't you know the manager (?) comes to repair the shower just as I step out. Needless to say I told him he would need to return at a better time.

Finally, I called back after checking out to see if I had left a pair of gold earrings behind. They were not terribly valuable but I am unable to locate them. Even though I recall placing them in my make-up case the evening before when we went out to dinner, I was unable to locate them. I presumed that I had just misplaced them somewhere in my baggage or purse.

Upon returning home and unpacking everything, I called the Inn to ask if perhaps they had been turned in only to be told they were busy and to call back. Hmmmph.

Even though I liked the location, and the motel was in good condition, I will not stay here again just because I did not feel welcome. Based upon some of the other reviews here, customer service seems to be a common thread. You might be a millionair, but you cannot put a price on customer service.

The Econo Lodge is directly across the street and appears to be much newer. We'll stay there next time.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the motel otherwise the noise of heavy traffic on the main drag will w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank zipshouse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Driving non stop for 3 days we stopped in here....greeted w a smile...great customer service...room was clean an cool...rates were great an pool an hot tub were bonus!!!!!! Thank u sooooo much..we will be back!!!!:))

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Sayuloveme
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife booked a room at this place and got an awesome deal online. $35 a night plus tax. I thought shoot you can't beat that. So she booked it. When she came to check in at 12pm they were so rude to her and she called me up at work and told me how mean and inconsiderate they were to her. The owner asked her what does she do and she said that she was a nursing student and the owner said [--] that get out of school! Look at me im about business im a millionaire! I mean what kind of owner would say that to his paying customer? Anyway, after check out, they didn't want to give my wife her deposited back and there excuse was that she had me and my friend stay there in the hotel. (Note: my friend from camp pendleton gave me a ride to this hotel and left immediately after that) so they didn't give us the $20 deposit back because they said that its a $10 charge for each additional person. They charged me an additional $10 to stay in my own hotel reservation. I gave them a call and told them to give my wife her deposit back or I'm going to notify my chain of command and the front desk said I have to talk to my manager and he asked for my name and I gave it to him. He said "well whatever your name is. Ill have the manager call you later" and he hung up. Never heard from them again. And the very next day after that, I checked the bank and I got another $35 transaction from this place and 2 more transactions on stand by for the same thing. Good thing Chase bank blocked it after the first one. I mean seriously what are these peoples problem? People like them have no business to be in a type of business that require customer care and customer assistance

Stayed August 2012
3 Thank jcontreras357

Travelers are raving about these Fallbrook hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

From the owner to the rooms need to go !!! Super bad service ,,
Door didnt loock , around the toilet was nasty no title .. It smell soooo bad and the owner walking around the hotel in PJs and sandals !!!
All of that for $150 a night

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Mell1
Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I knew it would be bad when we had to stay here but this was worse than I ever could have imagined! it was just gross! Stayed here for a family reunion/wedding July 5-8.Not sure why the owners would go thru the expense of installing granite counter tops when they can't clean the floors, clean the screens, a/c filters,sliding door tracks and properly fix handle falling off in the shower! Prostitutes in the parking lot and rooms rented by the hour. Checking in with my sister in law, who was staying by herself in a room, my husband helped her with her bag to the room only to discover an open sliding door,an unmade bed with towels on the floor and dirty table with food, pizza boxes and half full beer bottles! The management seemed unconcerned when this was reported to them!
Only stay here if there is nothing else available in a 1000 mile radius!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Christi C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

This motel is so dirty. The floors have never been cleaned and the kids in our room had black feet and hands from crawling around! We kept our shoes on and made sure the kids stayed off the floor! The biggest problem was my 10 month old finding and chewing on a bottle with marijuana in it!!! I was so angry, the owner never talked to me and I requested to talk with him for 4 days! The owner doesn't care that they put my baby in danger and treated me like I was stupid for being upset! I will never stay at this motel or any other Rodeway Inn for that matter again!!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Lisacummings
Paso Robles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

The gentleman that checked us in was friendly. When we went to our room, the first thing that greeted us was an obvious hole in the front door that had been poorly patched and painted over. When we opend the front door the smell was over powering and hard to breathe. I don't know if it was a cleaning agent or I suspect mold. The carpet was ripped. No matter where we sat on the bed (after I checked for bed bugs), it squeaked in every place. We had to remove a stick from the front window so we could try and air the room out. I opened the bathroom door and the grout was disgustingly dirty on the floor. The toilet base was cracked and missing pieces and the grout on the floor next to it was either wet or dirty. The toilet seat only had one hinge on it. We packed up immediately so our clothes would not absorb the ordor. I hope they use the money we paid for the two nights to make some improvements. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. Go to Temecula, a short distance from Fallbrook, and try the Holiday Express...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fallbrook
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Fallbrook Downtown
#12 of 19 in Temecula
Temecula Creek Inn
Temecula Creek Inn
#5 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Rodeway Inn Fallbrook? Share your experiences!