“Just a tad bit better than a taco shop”
Review of La Caseta - CLOSED

La Caseta
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a gem of a restaurant, that has been there for decades. Excellent, interesting Mexican food; not just your typical offerings. Great desserts, an outdoor seating area as well as indoor, good service, and usually crowded. I can't believe its not on T. A.
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The family and I visited La Caseta recently. My first visit to any restaurant is always with an open mind. I look for what is different, what is good, what they do right, or wrong. I left La Caseta feeling that they are just a tad bit better than a taco shop, of which there are any in California. The menu is what one would expect of a Mexican restaurant so finding traditional Mexican fare is here. The food is good, but nothing outstanding. Service was average. They have a bar, and drink specials to help whet the palette. My suggestion is don't get your hopes up too high as La Caseta is only an average Mexican restaurant.

1  Thank acoachcool

Reviewed January 2, 2014

After reading the great reviews of this Mexican restaurant I said we need to try this as I am a Mexican food expert :) totally worth the drive from off the 15 fwy maybe if you are headed to San Diego ? this place had a cozy feel ,great service, great margaritas, great portions, friendly staff . can't wait to go back !!!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Whenever I am in Fallbrook, CA, I always like to enjoy a guacomole laced meal at La Caseta.
The service is always attentive and professional and the food consitently goo with generous portions. The mne has somehting for all tastes. Among the three of we ordered different dishes:
a combo plate that satisfied a man-sized taste and appetite. A generous burrito treated more like a huge enchilada that was a pleaser. I ordered taquitos with black beans, rice and guacamole....excellent...so filling I took half home. All were so filling and satisfying hat here was no desire for dessert. There is no such thing as a less than wonderful expereince there! Of course, it is locally owned and operated and it shows! Ole!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Recently had dinner at La Caseta. We haven't been there for a long time because they are closed on Sundays and that seems to be when we have guests and we go out to dinner. Our party of 4 all enjoyed their meal. The service was right on. They have excellent salsa. They also have a seniors menu. We have been going there for many years and it is always good. Never disappointed.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We go to La Caseta at least once a month because we thoroughly enjoy the food and the atmosphere! Delos and his staff are very friendly, and the service is excellent. Some of our favorite dishes are: the Grilled Chicken Wrap with a delicious achiote dipping sauce; the Fajita Quesadilla with charbroiled steak; the Burrito Especial. All are very tasty! We also use their call in/take-out service, it's super convenient, and the food is typically ready in 15-20 minutes. I highly recommend La Caseta, LOVE IT!