“Good local watering hole offering b'fast, lunch, dinner, drinks on Golf Course”
Review of Jack's Place

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jack's Place
Ranked #54 of 70 Restaurants in Fallbrook
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: Once again, I think your zipcode database needs updating. Please Google CA 92028 and you will find it includes Fallbrook, CA
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Jack's Place is a good local watering hole. Drinks are cheap, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. It's a great place for breakfast or a beer and burger after a round of golf on the public Fallbrook Golf Club's course. I live nearby and have gone here consistently for over a decade. Portions were huge, prices absurdly low. Portions are now slightly smaller and prices are a bit higher but it's still a great value -- I've been wondering for years when they'd raise their 1965 prices! It also has an ATM inside which is very convenient -- saves me from driving into town. I regularly run into friends here and that adds to the small town ambiance. Cut the new owners some slack and give it a try.

• Visited April 2014

“New owner - New Name”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Ownership has changed in last few months as well as name change. It is now "Jacks Place". Servings and such much changed and not for the better. Most sandwich items are a LA carte and prices have gone up. Never enough servers. Very slow. My regular group of around 12 have chosen to go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 633KPD
“Menu was ruined.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We used to eat at the Hukilau once a week. Since the new owners took it over many changes have been made. Big change was the menu recently. They took away several items,made certain things available at only certain times of the day,portions are smaller and of course prices have been changed. I had to laugh when I saw the sandwiches are a la carte! Plus if you want anything besides the sandwich it is extra. No more salad or fries with your sandwich. Ordering a hamburger on Wednesday you pay extra for cheese or the fries. The menu is not exciting or presentable for a Golf Club. No design and they can't spell Avocado correctly!!! Service is poor and very often not correct. If you are a member buy one get one dinners are gone as well. Too bad...we won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
Fallbrook, California
“Hukilau is consistently great”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family and I have been going to Hukilau consistently for the last few years. Seriously, I've probably had over 100 meals there. It has gone through an ownership change and it is still great. I've never had a bad meal. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is always great and the portions are very generous. The pricing is very good. I'm very comfortable taking clients and friends there. They continue to upgrade the landscaping and the atmosphere to make it nice. I really enjoy the large glass doors with the view overlooking the golf course.

• Visited May 2013
Alyson Breathed
“Consistently.... poor”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I will say this for them - they are consistent. I've been there 5 times in 2 years. I've only eaten there 4 times, because once we could not get someone to wait on us and finally gave up. The staff is simply NOT TRAINED - each time I've been there you get some but not all of what you order. We asked for water, no ice, we got 1 water for 3 people with ice. I ordered an omelet that should have had avocado in it, when I asked the staff huddled and said, we're pretty sure it was supposed to have it, so we'll bring you a side order. It arrived when I was nearly done with my omelet. I asked for salsa - never got it. I like to spend my money on locally owned, but I give up with these guys.

• Visited May 2013