“Large portions!”

Add it.
Jack's Place
Ranked #54 of 73 Restaurants in Fallbrook
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: Once again, I think your zipcode database needs updating. Please Google CA 92028 and you will find it includes Fallbrook, CA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You could share, but probably won't want to, so just plan on bringing some home. There is more on the menu that looks pretty good, but we've always ordered the Hawaiian eats, and are happy. The value is great! The first time we were there, two of us ate (lots!) and had drinks from the bar, and the total bill was $27!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

OK - first the not so good news. You don't need Chef Ramsey to tell the chef that the appetizer has to arrive well before the main course. We ordered the coconut shrimp to find the main course arriving while we were still eating the salad having not even caught sight of the appetizer. The meal was delivered pretty well back to front, and we ended up reluctantly cancelling the shrimp. I felt sorry for the server who was non-plussed by the whole event, and it was plainly obvious she had had no training. The restaurant was not busy, and so the kitchen staff was at error along with the management for giving the servers inadequate training.
Now the good bit, and why this reviewer still gave it a very good rating? There are several days with extra value entrees such as Tuesdays with $1 tacos, and Thursday with half price burgers (very good at full price!).
I was staying in Fallbrook for just over a week, and went back to the Hukilau on two successive evenings for the encrusted mahi which was simply excellent. Good portion and cooked to perfection. The servers were always so friendly at lunch and dinner, but their training (if indeed they were) left a lot to be desired. I even got different answers regarding the 'happy hour' wine pricing on the two days. With just a tad more management effort, this would be a great restaurant. I will return when I next visit within the next 12 months and update this review.

1  Thank AngloTom

Been to Jack's Place? Share your experiences!