“Wish There Were More Options”

Fall River Hotel & Restaurant
Apple Valley, California
“Wish There Were More Options”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately, this was the only place open on a July Monday night. The place is old and dirty. The tables were sticky, the floor was unswept, and the waitress seemed frustrated with something before we even got there. But we ordered some take-out burgers and fries and took our chances. We got back to our room to find the burgers under cooked. The fries were average but unsalted. I guess you take what you get in a small town with no options.

Visited July 2014

redding
“worst sandwich”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I got the special thinking that when your in a small town ,that might be the best thing to do. It wasn't. Their pastrami sandwich was a grease bomb! Their salads looked good and regular hamburgers probably were acceptable but the pastrami sandwich was not. They fried the pastrami up and then put it on a greasy bun, Yuck

• Visited June 2014
Modesto, California
“Disappointing Meal”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stopped here for dinner while traveling through Fall River Mills on our way to Oregon. The restaurant has a comfortable and nice ambience inside. I liked the big rock fireplace in the large dining room although there was no fire the day we were there. The special of the day was chicken cordon bleu which both my husband and I decided to order. It came with either soup or salad, potatoes, vegetables and bread. There were two servers and they both seemed to be very busy all the time, even though the restaurant did not appear to be that busy. It took awhile for our waitress to take our order and it was too long a wait for the food to arrive. Several times our waitress told us that it would be just a few minutes for the food, but then those few minutes would pass. When the food did arrive, it was not worth the wait. The chicken that I had an unpleasant and "off" taste. I'm not sure if the meat was old, going bad or if it was in the preparation, but my husband tasted it and agreed that it tasted funny. My husband did not enjoy his chicken dish either. The mashed potatoes and vegetable were okay though. A small loaf of bread came with the meal and I found it to lack flavor. I had clam chowder soup with my meal which was okay. It was a long wait in this restaurant for a rather average to poor meal that was not inexpensive. I would not recommend and do not plan to return.

• Visited May 2014
Sacramento, Ca
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Food in the restaurant was OK, wait staff a little cranky that night. Internet access in the hotel was not working.

Visited October 2013