“great place to stay”

Comfort Inn Cordelia
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently took my daughter to fairfield to take her state board exam for cosmetology and this hotel is wonderful . It caters to these soon to be professionals and gives a discount when you mention that you are taking your test. They also let them into the continental breakfast early, so they can eat before they take their exam. The staff was so friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel is great, it is 4 miles away from the test sight and located near restuarants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Tamara M
Luis V, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cordelia, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review, we really want that all our guests enjoy our hotel, and we are really happy that you take the time to sharing your experience with the whole world.
Again thank you for all your kind words about our place, and we will be waiting for you return to Comfort Inn Cordelia Fairfield soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel multiple nights for business.
Great rooms, comfortable beds, nice and clean bathrooms.
Breakfast (free) is always fresh with many choices.
Great staff always helpful and friendly, even when checking out at 4am.

Many restaurants, gas stations and coffee shops in immediate vicinity.
Also seems to be very safe area with many officers eating and fueling at local businesses.

I have not used the pool or excercise room but always clean and well-lit.
You will not go wrong staying here!!!

Room Tip: Main building, any floor seems to be the quiet side and indoors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ROY M
Luis V, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cordelia, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are very happy that you find our hotel very good for your needs, also that you appreciate all our amenities and enjoyed the places that are around the area.
Our staff is really excited about your comments and they will keep working hard for all our costumers, we will be waiting for your return.
Again thank you for choose Comfort Inn Cordelia.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at this location for one night as a convenient overnight on the way to California wine country. I got a REALLY good price off the Choice Hotels website with a couple weeks lead time and took a chance based on the tripadvisor ratings. I was not let down. For the price, I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied by what I got for my money.
The room was clean and relatively up-to-date, it appeared to be well maintained and there were no problems with my stay. The room lacked some amenities but they did a good job to compensate. The biggest issue that I had with the room was a lack of usable power outlets in places where I needed them. There is no desk in the room, only a small table where the coffee maker is located. By the table, there is one socket available if you don't plug in the coffee maker, the only outlet convenient to the table. There was one multi-socket outlet behind a bench but it was not convenient for much. The bed was decent although the pillows were too soft, but everything was in good shape and serviced properly. The bathroom was in good working order and the shower was adequate. The self closing bathroom door did prevent any heat from getting into the bathroom unless you propped the door open so the tile floor was cold. The heater worked adequately and was reasonably quiet.
Breakfast was pretty good, typical of similar places - continental items plus waffles, and a steam tray with egg patties and sausage patties. It was adequately stocked and the breakfast room was clean and bright. The staff that I met was friendly, courteous, and professional.
My room was located in an open air breezeway that overlooked the pool area. It was a blustery, rainy night but the room and walkway were protected enough. I suspect that my room rate put me in the outside access room on the 2nd floor. I wonder if the rooms with inside hallway access were more expensive?
Under the circumstances, needing a cheap bed for a night that was convenient to my trip, the property was fine. I would stay here again under the same circumstances without hesitation.

Room Tip: The rooms in the breezeway are fine but get an inside room if possible in the front of the property...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WilliamF1776
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was in the American Canyon/Napa area for a conference and at the last minute found out that the conference was two days instead of one. All of the conference hotels were booked and being in the Napa area most of the hotel properties were out of my price range. I searched the vacation-rental-by-owner-type sites and Craigslist for a place to stay for just the one night without success. The hotels in nearby Vallejo seemed either overpriced or down-right dangerous. I expanded my search by a few miles and found the Cordelia Comfort Inn.

The property did not disappoint! The front desk staff were very efficient (the cookies given at check-in were quite tasty) and the room was comfortable and clean. The walls were a bit thin (I could hear a guest in the room next door coughing, but it wasn't enough to bother me--especially for the excellent room-rate.

I was traveling alone on this trip and felt perfectly comfortable walking in the area as I decided where to go for a bite to eat for dinner. There were a number of fast food and diner-style options as well as plenty of gas stations near the hotel.

As other reviewers have mentioned, breakfast was a good value with fruit, yogurt, breads, cereals, danish, sausage, eggs, and waffles. There were plenty of options from which to choose!

The parking is sufficient with some on-street parking available. My husband and I often travel with a small cargo trailer, and although it wasn't with me on this trip, there would have been room for us to park on the side street just next to the parking lot.

Overall this was an EXCELLENT value and I will look forward to returning to the property for next year's conference.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CAHeadHunter
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We got at night to this hotel without any reservation.
The only rooms that have been left were the smoking rooms.
Despite of that, the staff told us that some of the somking room doesn't have a bad smell and we can check every available room before make the reservation in order to be satisfied.
We chose one without any small - the room was clean and smell good!
The bathroom was super clean and feel comfortable to shower!
The surprise was the breakfast - very rich breakfast with everything u need and more than that!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelOGlazer
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here two nights and were amazed at the inexpensive price. It is not fancy, but clean and a good bed. The towels need an upgrade. Breakfast was basic, but not bad. They did offer waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and sausage for hot items. We took breakfast to the room because the breakfast room was always crowded. Cable TV and wireless internet worked well with no additional cost. I gave it a very good because of the great value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jcbVisalia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here while taking the family to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo (literally a 10 minute drive away). I was completely stunned at the value. We rented a corner King Suite. It was as large as rooms I have paid $500 a night for (we paid $62 plus tax). The bed and bath really were physically separated from the suite (something you don’t always see). There were two flat screens (one in the suite and one in the bedroom), a microwave (really small, but you could heat up an 8 inch plate of food), a refrigerator (also small), and a large counter with sink in the suite.
Suite also had a sofa bed, a stuffed chair, and a dining table with chairs for 6. The bed was King size and extremely comfortable (have actually contacted Serta to try and buy the same model). The bathroom sink was separated from the bath and commode. The bath was jetted with a timer (timer did not seem to work, jets were on or off).
Everything was very clean; I even ran water through the jetted tub to ensure the system had been cleaned prior to using it and it had been. Our daughter and her family were also staying there and their three kids (3, 4, and 5) just came and played in our room because there was so much room.
Breakfast was from 6 to 10 and included eggs, sausage, waffles, cold cereal, yogurt, pastries, juices, fresh fruit, pretty much something for everyone as long as you are not too picky. Just an all-around outstanding value.

Room Tip: Corner suites are QUITE large.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family