“Surprisingly Comfortable; Friendly Staff; Dog Friendly”

Motel 6 Fairfield/Napa Valley CA
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Needed to stay overnight in the Fairfield area for a nearby wine event, and preferred to bring our dog with us. For a low-cost facility in a high-cost area, this Motel 6 filled the bill very nicely. Very clean and attractive, if sparely furnished, room. Comfortable bed and good a/c/heater. Didn't realize there would be a microwave and fridge in the room. Coffee makers are available (with coffee, etc.) on request. Nice ammenities. We will be going back when we have other events in the area. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are closer to the freeway, and may be a bit noisier.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recommend staying at this Motel 6 if traveling in Bay Area. The grounds are well kept, with maintenance who is attentive to every detail. The rooms are modern, clean with refrigerator and microwave. Within 10 miles is Vallejo Motel 6. I would choose Fairfield Motel 6 in your planning instead of Vallejo. The amenities at Vallejo Motel 6 are outdated, no refrigerator or microwave in room. The price is even a bit more.

I was most impressed with this Motel 6 (Fairfield) and would highly recommend it for your travel plans.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Susie80918
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My dog Louie and I stayed at this property whilst on a sojourn to a friend's memorial service in Napa. The motel was full of dogs from a dog show taking place nearby. What a blast! Everybody was really well behaved because besides a few little yappers out in the parking lot...no bad behavior!!
The motel is easily the nicest M6 I've ever stayed in...almost brand new seemingly. There are plenty of fast food joints within easy walking distance (if you're too lazy to go into Fairfield and get some killer Indian or Thai food) and there's a big field across the street you can let the fuzzybutt romp around in. You're next to the freeway, so that's always in the background...but the water pressure, flatscreen, wifi, all kinds of electronic hookups...top rate!!
We're headed up to Sonora Pass tomorrow for a 5 night llama backpacking trip with Potato Ranch Llama Packers...We'll visit 12 lakes along the trail.
RIP and Godspeed to my old buddy Ray Manzarek!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mike Patel and his staff were amazing and made us feel right at home. Very warm and sincere. We were very impressed with the newly updated rooms and the 2 Queen/Kitchenette was just like a little junior apartment as the it was formerly 2 rooms so each room had a queen with an adjoining hall where the kitchenette was in the middle. They were very accomodating and everything was always freshened during our stay here. We were in the midst of looking for a new home so it was nice to be able to call this our "home away from home" and they even offered to confirm our stay as a reference if we needed it. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were traveling with family and stopped because of price.

Rooms were remodeled and very clean.

Everyone was very helpful. Careful at night had a call from someone trying to get CC info saying they were the manager. Don't give anything over the phone.

Do ever stay at motel 6 but would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Manager, Front Desk Staff, Housekeeping and Maintenance are top of the line here. The rooms look newly remodeled. They are very clean and comfortable. Fresh coffee every morning in the office. Plenty of fast food and full service restaurants close by. Wide screen TV was a plus. Wi-Fi here so bring your laptop. Good location close to Napa Valley.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was quoted over the phone a different price in the reservation than what was actually charged. The bathroom door DID NOT CLOSE! The shower had a loud and persistent leak. My stay was extremely unpleasant. I tried to speak to a manager, but Mike Patel was off until the next Tuesday. When I called back and spoke to Mr. Patel he told me "It's my choice to stay at the motel" and that I could have gone somewhere else even though I checked in after 5am on Sunday morning. Mr. Patel told me "I cannot give you a discount on the room because you decided to stay at the motel". Mr. Patel then gave me the corporate phone number to Motel 6 which is 800-4-motel6. I called the hotline and made a complaint through the guest relations department. They told me that this specific motel was a franchise and they are unable to give me any sort of refund but would write a complaint. In the end, I spent $96 for my first night in a room that was "upgraded" because it had a kitchen, but I couldn't even go to the bathroom in peace or sleep because of the drip sound coming from the shower. I was originally quoted $54 with the kayak discount but was forced to pay the $96 for a room that I couldn't even sleep in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple