“Great doggie motel!”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
hollywood, california
“Great doggie motel!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My dog Louie and I stayed at this property whilst on a sojourn to a friend's memorial service in Napa. The motel was full of dogs from a dog show taking place nearby. What a blast! Everybody was really well behaved because besides a few little yappers out in the parking lot...no bad behavior!!
The motel is easily the nicest M6 I've ever stayed in...almost brand new seemingly. There are plenty of fast food joints within easy walking distance (if you're too lazy to go into Fairfield and get some killer Indian or Thai food) and there's a big field across the street you can let the fuzzybutt romp around in. You're next to the freeway, so that's always in the background...but the water pressure, flatscreen, wifi, all kinds of electronic hookups...top rate!!
We're headed up to Sonora Pass tomorrow for a 5 night llama backpacking trip with Potato Ranch Llama Packers...We'll visit 12 lakes along the trail.
RIP and Godspeed to my old buddy Ray Manzarek!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburg, California
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mike Patel and his staff were amazing and made us feel right at home. Very warm and sincere. We were very impressed with the newly updated rooms and the 2 Queen/Kitchenette was just like a little junior apartment as the it was formerly 2 rooms so each room had a queen with an adjoining hall where the kitchenette was in the middle. They were very accomodating and everything was always freshened during our stay here. We were in the midst of looking for a new home so it was nice to be able to call this our "home away from home" and they even offered to confirm our stay as a reference if we needed it. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were traveling with family and stopped because of price.

Rooms were remodeled and very clean.

Everyone was very helpful. Careful at night had a call from someone trying to get CC info saying they were the manager. Don't give anything over the phone.

Do ever stay at motel 6 but would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tn
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Manager, Front Desk Staff, Housekeeping and Maintenance are top of the line here. The rooms look newly remodeled. They are very clean and comfortable. Fresh coffee every morning in the office. Plenty of fast food and full service restaurants close by. Wide screen TV was a plus. Wi-Fi here so bring your laptop. Good location close to Napa Valley.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Fairfield, California
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was quoted over the phone a different price in the reservation than what was actually charged. The bathroom door DID NOT CLOSE! The shower had a loud and persistent leak. My stay was extremely unpleasant. I tried to speak to a manager, but Mike Patel was off until the next Tuesday. When I called back and spoke to Mr. Patel he told me "It's my choice to stay at the motel" and that I could have gone somewhere else even though I checked in after 5am on Sunday morning. Mr. Patel told me "I cannot give you a discount on the room because you decided to stay at the motel". Mr. Patel then gave me the corporate phone number to Motel 6 which is 800-4-motel6. I called the hotline and made a complaint through the guest relations department. They told me that this specific motel was a franchise and they are unable to give me any sort of refund but would write a complaint. In the end, I spent $96 for my first night in a room that was "upgraded" because it had a kitchen, but I couldn't even go to the bathroom in peace or sleep because of the drip sound coming from the shower. I was originally quoted $54 with the kayak discount but was forced to pay the $96 for a room that I couldn't even sleep in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bastiaan V
London
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Although this motel has been given a make over, it's still very average. The beds are not particularly comfortable and it has a feel of a hospital ward - very sterile and cold. On the plus side, it was fairly clean but there is obviously residual noise from the traffic.

The location is on the side of the highway but there isn't easy on/off access to head south. Also, don't be fooled that this motel is near to Napa, it's in Napa Valley but Napa is still 30 minutes drive away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This motel 6 has a nice retro look
The property is really dirty and not good maintained
The locations is the only thing excellent about it because it's surrounded by restaurants
The rooms are not a mirage but actually really good housekeeping
The service and staff are also very good
Now comes the bad part
Ive stayed here for a couple of months and decide to check out when I saw this
The copes ( 5 cars) came to this property and arrested a guy for selling drugs as I heard from one of the housekeepers working by the room
This isnt the only time
When I stayed here I've see cops come and check the property out almost every week
It's kinda scary
So not much value if you value your safety

• Stayed August 2012