“Visited on easter time”

Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is normal on this price, I mean I don't expect anything but a comfortable bed, good shower and bathroom and no noise, I got that all here. I just slept at nights as I was hanging out at all times. I had good time

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Greg K, General Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Glad to hear that we met your needs. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you on a future trip to the area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We paid more for our room than we are usually willing to pay, but my husband had a state meeting there. I was expecting an outstanding room and really good food, but we had neither. The whole place was an obvious remodel, as evidenced by the ceiling marks. The bathroom had a door that had been widened, and it missed the toilet seat by 1/4". It was very inconvenient for another person to access the bathroom if someone else was it it. The morning of the meeting there was no hot water in the hotel! Many of us had arrived the evening before and intended to shower before going to breakfast and the meetings. Although they had a meeting room, they were not prepared to feed the number of people attending the meeting. They actually ran out of food within 45 minutes of the buffet dinner beginning time, and it was advertised to last another 2 hours and 15 minutes. At the free buffet breakfasts, the food was good, but ran out early, and there was a substantial wait for seating.

After sending an email to the main office, we were refunded the price of one meal for each of us, and a small amount off the price of the room, so they did at least try to make things right.

The hot tub in the pool area was spotless, with plenty of towels available. Internet was free and there was a business center with computer available too.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side due to noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry for the challenges that you encountered during your stay. The weekend you spoke of we did have a hot water heater go out. We have since repaired the unit and have plenty of hot water now. The café did have some challenges with accommodating the size of your group and we have addressed those issues as well for future event of that size. Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The people at the property did a fine job. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was passable, they did have fresh fruit and a fun egg chef.
Be sure to ask for a room without the pass through door, it was quite NOISY. The location was just right for an inexpensive central location. We were there with a convention and some folks ran out of hot water,very unfortunate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Greg K, General Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for the review. Our associates truly do enjoy their jobs and it shows in their interactions with our guests. The breakfast chef loves to prepare cooked to order omelets that will accompany your buffet selections. We are working on the insulation with the adjoining doors, and have fixed the hot water issue by replacing the water heater. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Fairfield.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

...when visiting Fairfield, but the last stay was a horror. The place is in serious need of renovation: chipping paint in the elevator; water stains on the ceiling of my room, dirty hallway walls. Very depressing. But the service was even worse: I asked for a room on the third-floor, only to be told there weren't any rooms with two double beds on that floor. Curious in that the year before, that's exactly the room I had on that floor. My suspicion was confirmed when I went to that floor to get ice: sure enough, the maids were working on several rooms with two beds.

But the service? We had two card keys that demagnified constantly; I had to reset it over and over again. And each time the desk staff suggested it was our fault. Since I stay in hotels several times a year and have never had this problem before, I find this highly unlikely.

Bottom Line: I can deal with the shabby rooms, but the desk and management staff are indifferent and uninterested. There are far better places to stay in Fairfield or Vacaville.

Room Tip: Ask and ask again; maybe someone will give you a correct answer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are working to improve our guest experience overall. We will definitely utilize the feedback that you’ve provided. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will choose Courtyard by Marriott Fairfield-Napa Valley Area the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

First and foremost, this is not a review of the hotel restaurant. I think TripAdvisor has this property classified incorrectly as I don't recall a restaurant on the property at all. However, there is an In-n-Out Burger right across the parking lot - I noticed the irony of the hotel gym window overlooking the fast food burger shop.

Second, this property is in average condition and the staff is not overly warm or helpful. We arrived late on a Saturday night and there was a large, noisy party going on. The front desk assured us that the music would stop by midnight. Thankfully our room was not located close to the convention area so we didn't wait up to see if they stayed true to their word. We were not affected by the noise as drifted off peacefully.

The rooms have old-school heating and cooling units. There is a temperature gauge on the unit with simple high and low fan buttons which don't offer much in the way of temperature control. Our room was cool when we arrived, turned on the fan to comfortable temperature only to realize that the fan continually ran. While Fairfield is a temperate locale, I would much rather have a thermostat.

The room bedding and bathroom were clean and kept up. The mattresses felt fine.

We enjoyed the small gym, treadmills, stair-climbers, ellipticals and some free weights. There are no weight machines but the dumbbells go up to 50 lbs. The pool area was small but other guests were using the pool and spa and they looked clean.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a somewhat odd older property that could probably use some updates, but it meets all the general expectations.

Positive:
- Front desk staff were really great.
- Close to, but rooms are away from, the 80.
- Within walking distance (even in the rain) of a number of fast food options (and a Denny's), including a Raley's (the room had a fridge and microwave).
- Pretty clean rooms.
- Maintenance was good.

Negatives:
- We could only find one elevator that was fairly small. I'm not sure how this would work when the hotel is full. Ran into some traffic jams there even though there were few guests.
- Older wall/window A/C unit that was fairly noisy.

Contrary to (or perhaps because of) another recent reviewer's comment, there were floor mats out near the entrances to the building, which is exactly as I'd expect when it is raining (which it did the entire time we were there).

If I was in the area, I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

You can barely shut the door! The door hardly clears the toilet. Never seen a courtyard with such small bathrooms. The bed and pillows were comfortable, I'll give it that. But next to I-80 makes for a noisy night.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are working to improve our guest experience overall. While we are not able to change the size of our bathrooms, we will definitely utilize the feedback that you’ve provided in order to improve on our guest stay experience. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will choose Courtyard by Marriott Fairfield-Napa Valley Area the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront

Been to Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area? Share your experiences!