“Bed bugs!”

Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is the first time I have ever written a review on ANYTHING but I wish someone made me aware of what I just experienced. I went to CA on business, stayed in this hotel - room#207, and came home with bug bites all over me. I actually had to go to the doctor when I got home (which was closed due to a holiday so I went to another care facility in which I had to pay a $200 co pay) who confirmed it was bed bugs. I hope to god I didn't bring these little guys home with me...on the flip side the doc did say it isn't likely they would travel all the way home with me and since as soon as I got home i washed everything, showered, and put my suitcase in a plastic bag so she said I was probably safe. I wound up on steroids and antibiotics to clear up all the bites...between paying for the doctors and meds as well as all the pain and aggravation needless to say I won't be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Cristen L
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. First, I would like to express my apologies and it is my sincerest hope that you are doing well.

I would also like to say that we take issues such as this very seriously, and we have had pest control do a thorough two-day inspection. We have officially been cleared as bed bug free.

Thank you once again for voicing your concerns. We greatly value them.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We booked here for a wedding. The poor bride was not able to wash her hair on wedding day (and neither were we) because the hotel had no hot water on Saturday morning. The back door from the parking lot, which should have required a keycard to enter, was open 24/7 because it was broken. Anyone could walk in the back entrance and roam the halls. This was brought to attention of the Manager, who clearly knew of the problem but did not get it fixed. Everyone was very polite but no one accomplished anything. The In-Room movie system did not work, there was no info on the pool access or times in the room, nor was there any other guest info in the room. The room was clean. We had advertisements slipped under our door during the night, but no newspaper. The list goes on....the location was very convenient, but that's about all I can say positive about this venue.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face outdoor pool and have balconies. Even number rooms face parking lot. Either...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ScoutMidwest
Hotel M, Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Though close to the Highway a very quite place to stay. Great value for a comfortable and spacey room. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was clean and bright and quite.

Only two minor things that did not meet my standards: Around midnight there was an intoxicated group of men and women that were very noise when leaving the bar. The hotel staff should intervene and call for order at that time a night.

There where two clerks as I was checking in: One serving a client on the phone, the other serving another client in the back office. I was left alone with on one to help me check in for at least 10 min.

Other than that - a great place to stay

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are working to improve our guest experience overall. We will definitely utilize the feedback that you’ve provided in order to improve on our guest stay experience. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will choose Courtyard by Marriott Fairfield-Napa Valley Area the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

From the outside, it appears that this might have been a Marriott at one point in its life. However, it is clear that it has been slowly neglected and needs some help.

Lobby: Updated within the last few years.

Rooms: Clearly Fairfield by Marriott with fridge and microwave. Clean, but is it really clean look and feel.

Sink in room leaked

Hot tub was out of order with no estimated fix time

Spa that was always closed

Not sure what is giong on here, but it was an okay average place to stay.

You are about 45 min to 1 hour to wine country depending on where you are going. Do not be fooled, it is not that close as the website says.

If you are looking to be close to Napa, look in Napa where you are going vs this hotel. Maybe okay for you maybe not.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here for a long weekend as a cheaper alternative to the much, much more expensive Marriott properties closer to Napa valley. It is not super fancy, but we were very pleased. An easy 20 minute drive took us to Napa. Breakfast buffet was very good, including omelet station and the wait staff were terrific. Hot tub was great after a long day of wine tasting. This is our second stay here and we likely will return.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I'll make sure to share your feedback with the staff. We hope you will choose Courtyard by Marriott Fairfield-Napa Valley Area the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Noisy! It sounded like a party all night long. car alarms going off just outside the window. People were drinking in the parking lot and hallway, and they told the security guard the they were staying in our room number, so he did not make them go away. Very bassy music played all night long.

Room Tip: I would suggest top floor away from parking lot....but better yet is find another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We wanted to spend a few days in Napa, but there were no rooms in all the valley, so Fairfield was the closest option. While this hotel was destined for a "C" rating, in the end the staff's total over the friendliness would bring it up to a "B". We did get some kind of package deal where we got dinner at Texas Steak House, breakfast, and a credit at the hotel store... this helped out quite a bit too. With all of this the hotel was a great value. The room did have some issues. First the lights and outlet by the bed did not work. They were not able to change rooms for us, but they were able to get it fixed the next day while we were gone. The ice maker was at the total other end of a very large hall, which is a big deal to me. The cleaning staff did not do a great job cleaning, a bigger deal to my wife than me. Things like leaving the ironing board out and not replacing all the towels. The AC unit was also very loud and difficult to get right. You either had to deal with being too hot or too cold.
The breakfasts were very good, and the fact that they were free certainly made them better, but either way the food they had was very good. We didn't utilize the all the credit at the little store, but it had a good stock of cokes, chips and the like. It may be a good thing, as the last time we got something from there they charged our credit card for it. When we checked out we pointed it out to them... and they charged our credit card again. The fixed it, but we had to ask them to.
The beds were comfortable, the room was big, they had a fridge and microwave, the breakfast was great, and the staff was bend over backwards friendly. They did have some maintenance issue which were addressed. In the end I would go back to this place again. It had some issues, but they were all very livable. And with the package deal we got it was a great deal. Even without it was a good place to stay.

Room Tip: The ice machine is on the end of a very long hall
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield
Hampton Inn and Suites Suisun City Waterfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area

Been to Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area? Share your experiences!