“A little far from Napa but a very good hotel for the cost!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Booked the room while unfamiliar with the area. Loved the hotel, the amenities, and the cost. Spent a little extra time commuting to and from Napa over a narrow two-lane road that was under construction (being widened). Also spent Super Bowl Sunday evening there and enjoyed a special Manager's Reception (food, drinks) with other travelers as we watched the game on the big screen. Very cool!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
pmvewright, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

The Managemwnt and staff of the Homewood Suites Fairfield is delighted to know youable to enjoyed your fasmily time with us.

We do consider you family and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here over summer and it was fantastic. The staff were so polite and I never had a problem with anything while I was here. It was so spacious and I felt like I had everything I needed. A full kitchen, nice little living room area, good sized bathroom and a very comfortable bed! I used the pool and hot tub while I was there and it was really nice. The jets were a little broken in the hot tub, but I didn't mind so much. The breakfast was really good too. Plenty to choose from. It was a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
pmvewright, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review.
Yes,we are 'home away from home" and I am glad that you were able to share your experience via Trip Advisor.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel is wonderful. I would highly recommend it. The breakfast and the evening meal with wine and beer is amazing. The swimming pool was initially quite hot, but the staff were able to reduce the temperature pretty quickly. The staff is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carol0104

The Management and Staff of the Homewood Suites Fairfield/Napa thank you for your great review and look forward to your continued visits

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times now and are always satisfied. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious and breakfast in the morning is decent (my kids love the "make your own waffle" machine they have).
I only gave it a 4 though, because this last time I was not overly impressed with the staff. The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night one of our nights and everyone lost several hours of sleep because of this. I would have thought there would have been apologies from them, maybe even a discount - anything to acknowledge that it was a very inconvenient to happen to us staying there - but no, that was not the case.
Also, the TVs in all of our rooms had static and were not clear. When I asked about it, they sent someone to the room but he basically said "I don't know" - and they did not do anything about it. If you plan on having clear TV, do not stay here! Additionally, I heard the worker complaining to the front desk about me complaining. Definitely not the customer service I would like.
Overall, though, if you need a clean place to stay, like having a kitchen, etc, this is a good place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
pmvewright, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Homewood Suites Fairfield/Napa

I have noted all your comments and thank you for both positive and negative comments.
Please rest assured that my staff is being retrained in the "Art of Customer Service'

I promise, on your return to Homewood Fairfield your experience will be of total satisfaction and the experience you have come to exp[ect each and every time you stay with the Brand

Once again I sincerely thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review..

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and I even wrote the company about the outstanding service we received when they first opened. My opinion has since changed.

During our last stay my swimsuit was completely bleached out due to the high chlorination in their pools. I immediately notified the front desk about the caustic condition that resulted in rashes and breathing problems in addition to my damaged suit. They instructed me to contact their manager the following business day. They continued to allow guests to use the pool and did nothing to correct the problem. In addition I have sent more than five emails since Sept. to their designated representative, Ms. Pearl Wright, attempting to get compensation for my swimsuit, a mere $46.00. It is now January 2013 and I am "promised" reimbursement by next week.

Their lack of concern for both safety and customer service will result in our patronizing another of the many hotels near by in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
pmvewright, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We do value your comments and concerns..
I am sorry for the incident with the pool.
This issue was immediatley addressed and you will find this to be so on your next visit.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

What more can I say, the room was outstanding, staff was over the top.....why would I stay anywhere else. My bank (US BANK) made a huge accounting error and the manager (Pearl) went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out. In todays world it it's very tough to find people that will genuinely help someone out. I travel and stay in the Fairfield area 3/4 days per month and will never consider staying at another hotel....thank you Homewood staff !

• Stayed: November 2012
pmvewright, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fairfield - Napa Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear valued Guest,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.
My Team and I strive everyday to ensure that each guest leaves this hotel with a positive and memorable experience .
We look forward to your next visit and continued great experience with the team

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were so pleased with our stay at Homewood Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley Area this last August! We had attended a seminar in San Francisco in an very expensive hotel with a much smaller room. We wanted to spend a few days in the Napa area and Homewood Suites was a great choice! We had a rental car, so the short drive to Napa was not a problem.

Pearl Wright and her excellent staff including Kimicea (sorry, if I have the spelling wrong) and Coral made the stay so enjoyable! Everyone was so kind including the staff in the dining area and housekeeping. They were always smiling and impressed us their kind, courteous professional manner each and every time we saw them!

The room was great on the second floor - nice size, very spacious, extremely clean and quiet.

The amenities of having a full-size refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher made it even better! We enjoyed the breakfast each morning and some dinners.

Many great wineries in area - over 400, Napa Wine Train is a must (book the Vista Dome for lunch - pricey, but worth it,) Napa Valley Balloons, Inc. is terrific (ask for Bob, the pilot,) many great restaurants in area . . . check out the website and open a free account for- OpenTable.com for booking restaurants, whereever you may be traveling - you can read the reviews of the food, wine list, service, etc. before going to the establishments.

Napa is a Great place to visit! We look forward to returning again in the future and plan to stay at Homewood Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley Area! We are not affiliated and not related to anyone working for Homewood Suites. We did not know anyone working at this location before visiting and no one influenced our review.

Pearl, remember the Tulsa guys? Thanks again for a great visit!!!

Room Tip: Had a quiet room on the second floor away from the elevator.