“Stopped going as food quality and service went down hill.”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #24 of 246 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Depressing to see a restaruant I once liked go downhill so quickly. We stopped going as we tired of watiting 10 minutes or more for a server to show up for a drink order. Food quality over a period of several months of visits if charted would have looked like a downhill ski run. And the restaruant got dirtier and dirtier each time as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

The food portions where very good for there prices, I had the jumbalya, it was 13$ but it filled me up and i actualy had some food left, and i can eat A LOT of food. They could have been better with keeping drinks filled, but, there was a LOT of people in there, so, overall it was pretty good.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We've always been pleased with this Mimi's food and service, but this time I had the cibatta breakfast sandwich and I'll never look at one of those fast food breakfast sandwiches the same again. This one was outstanding. Don't pass it up.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I am truly disappointed that this restaurant which has seniors that frequent it does not do more to accomodate them. Today, we ate there with friends, and the husband has a medical condition. He ordered an item and when it came could not eat it due to some nausea. His wife told the waiter "he has a medical condition" . The food was taken away. He wanted to eat a roll with some butter but the butter that we were given was so tiny that we had to ask for more. This was after he asked for a sweet roll and told there was none. He then thought he would try some bread pudding but couldnt eat it either. We asked for a container to put the bread pudding in. There was no offer to help him place the bread pudding in the container. Little ice in the water or iced tea. Had to ask for ice. I ordered some ice cream every one heard me say chocolate. When the ice cream came it was a tiny serving of vanila. I said I asked for chocolate the response was we only serve vanila. It seems odd that chocolate ice cream or even strawberry is not on the menu. Ditto the tiny portion of ice cream was not up to par.
A suggestion to Mimis in general and to the management of this Mimi's when a customer comes in that has a cane and looks frail-train your staff to be attentive and offer if they cant eat all their foood to put it in the container. Some people have shaky hands and a cane might be a clue that assistance is needed.Ditto, it might be wiser to seat the group closer to the restrooms because of mobility issues. I am not a fan of Mimi's as service in the past has been disappointing. Unless I am meeting a friend that wants to eat there I am unlikely to return.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Service was very slow. No greeter to seat us. Food was just OK.

1  Thank tw502