“Pleasant surprise....”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here during our weekend trip to the Napa Valley. While it's about a 45 minute drive to Napa, the room rates justify choosing this place over the hotels located within the Valley. Here are highlights:

Pros:
- Very clean hotel with friendly staff.
- Free breakfast in the morning.
- Rooms are spacious.

Cons:
- A 45 minute drive to Napa.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 888Main

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nice clean hotel close to the wine country. Comfortable beds , clean , quite rooms and a breakfast that was very good.
Staff was friendly. Eating places close to the hotel. Price was right for this area also. I' d stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnginger66
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a Platinum Card member, I stay in Marriott Hotels all over the world. LEt me start by saying I am staying at this hotel for an extended time due to relocating to California. So far I have been less than impressed. Yes it is clean. It is about 1.5 hours from San Francisco and 1 hour from Sacramento. But I feel like I have lost my Platinum status. From my room keys not working to having to pay to do laundry (and the desk not having change) to the internet dropping every couple of hours. The breakfast is free but boring. They rent out a room downstairs for parties which is right by the front making it hard and uncomfortable to get to the pool/gym due to people roaming the hallway. Be careful at the pool because the floor is VERY slippery. And for whatever reason there is NEVER anyone on thee front desk when you walk in!!! They are either in the back behind a wall and you have to ring bell or thy are sitting with their family or friends in the lobby. And don't get me started on their "business room". It is a computer on a small desk in a corner by the front door. Printer rarely works and there is no scanner/copier or fax machine. The tv is old school - a big old box - not a flat screen and you only get about 15 channels and they repeat the same shows 2 times a day all week long. The list goes on and I know it sounds like I am knit picking but it simply is not thee standard I expect in a Marriott.

Staff is nice, hotel is clean and I felt safe here - but I expect the WOW factor when staying at a Marriott. All I get is a blah factor here.

Room Tip: Didn't seem to matter - was told that because my stay was long they would put me on the 4th floo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wrongway81
Reviewed October 15, 2013

All the hotels in Napa were sold out so we found ourselves at this hotel in Fairfield - great value for the money. The free breakfast was pretty good and the staff was super friendly (they even had a free toothbrush for me since I forgot mine). The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. There are lots of dining options within walking distance, although all of them are chains or fast-food. Yes it's a drive to Napa but if you want to save a ton of money check it out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very good hotel for the north San Francisco Bay area. We were on a business trip once around the bay and this was the most reasonably priced Marriott family property. This may not be that close to Napa, yet it is nevertheless an easy drive (30minutes), and we went there for dinner. The hotel was relatively quiet, some background noise from I80. Rooms in the front of the hotel are probably a little quieter.
Checkin was very friendly.
Room spacious, overall clean, contained fridge, extra sink, tiled entrance area. plenty of lighting. Desk chair a little low, so required two pillows (4 provided on king bed) to raise. Internet solid.
Only negative thing was an airconditioning unit on either a neighboring room or on the ground that every once in a while made an annoying humming noise, maybe the condenser needs repair... It seemed to not be there during the night, or the neighbor turned off their AC?
Breakfast with apples, eggs, yoghurt, cereals, toast, orange juice, raisins, walnuts.
Overall would definitely come back here, yet would ask for room facing front.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the front, as these are probably more quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here to visit some family who lived nearby. Fairfield Inns are nicely predictable, almost always well managed, clean and quiet. This Inn is close to many casual places to eat. We ate at the pizza place across the road as it was late and we were tired. Pretty average. We went to visit San Francisco from here, only a hour or so away. Good location if you are into wineries. Beautiful area

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The room was super spacious even with 2 queen sized beds. It had nice kitchenette: microwave, fridge and kitchen sink. One of best Fairfield hotels I never stayed. The bedding quality was excellent. It was a pleasant hotel to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends