“Excellent Value for what You're Getting”

Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Excellent Value for what You're Getting”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Look, if you want luxury, go pay for it and stay at the Hilton or Sheraton. Here you get a good place for a great price.

The place is clean and comfortable. Having had to stay here for 6 weeks, I needed a place that was affordable. I got this place for less per night than I could get a Motel 6 - with clean rooms, comfortable settings, and the bed was decent. Good kitchenette made it so I didn't have to go eat out every night.

I read the reviews...and my wife was concerned about the comments about the appearance, the people and the smell. Not the case. The smell comes from a bunch of people cooking dinner...just what you'd find at an enclosed condo or apartment building. Sometimes people don't cook what you like...but it's not overbearing and then dinner is over, right? The place is clean, the people are nice, and the amenities...well...you get what you pay for. It's nice, safe, clean and comfortable. No complaints.

Again, for Miss Prissy who wants a luxury hotel, then pay for it. For the rest of us, this proved to be a nice option. Other extended stay hotels are available...but for about twice the price. We all have choices...and this was a solid hotel for what I needed over a long term stay while my family was moving down.

Wade Larson

Room Tip: I am surprised at how little I hear through the walls with so many people living here. Very quiet, v...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Wade L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed July 5, 2014

After being evacuated from home due to Pope Valley Fire, we've felt relief to find a good, clean room with plenty of hot water, and a good working air conditioner. Thank you Brianna for your professionalism and kindness!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank xismarela
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It gives me much pleasure to read about the kind and professional service you received from our front desk staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as we strive to provide all of our guests with a home away from home experience. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Chowchilla, California
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Originally this was planned to be a business trip. But circumstances changed and I attempted to cancel my reservation. The reservation clerk said that I was prepaid and could not cancel - so rather than forfeit, we changed this to a mini-vacation. When we got there we were told that there was no record of payment. Further, the check in clerk even refused to honor their own printed reservation confirmation and overcharged me. They refused to honor both their own promotion and their own pricing. if we hadn't already made other plans we would have walked out. The place was shabby. The front patio reeked of cigarettes. The room provided no amenities - not even coffee, sugar, tea - nothing. The grab and go breakfast was out of everything at 8:00 on Saturday and not refilled. The bedding appeared wrinkled and rumpled. The check out clerk refused to provide me a receipt after i told her I was going to complain about the overcharge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sharon B
Berkeley, California
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had doubts about staying here after reading bad reviews but took a chance; this is one of the properties that has been recently remodeled. I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with my stay--from timely check in, clean quiet room, great new flat screen Tv, efficient, pleasant, and helpful staff. This is a no frills hotel----no pool, spa, lounge, or restaurant but there are lots of eateries nearby, some within walking distance; easy freeway access. If you're looking for good clean basic accommodations I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Bruce P
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ceiling tile missing throughout hallways, with wires exposed
Broken toilet handle did not allow flushing
Telephone did not work could not call front desk for help'
Dogs in various rooms barking for hours on end
No Hot Water to take a shower even at 5:30 am
Transient/Homeless hanging out at entrances

Room Tip: don't stay on ground floor...make sure everything is working in your room, and ask if there will...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbara H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Barbara - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with our maintenance team to ensure these issues are properly addressed. As well, I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your hot water and noise coming from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Motel 6 in Weed, CA with homeless people and protitutes hanging out in the courtyard was our previous worst experience (car broke down and only room available). We actually purchased this room through Priceline, but they obviously don't verify their star ratings. The bed was like sleeping on a hard park bench surrounded by chain smokers. The person that lived in this room before must have been there for months, smoking the whole time. Room was dirty, service was pathetic. Buyer beware!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tomt8t
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your experience with our hotel. We apologize for the discomfort you've experienced during your stay being the bed comfort, cleanliness, and smoke environment you've encountered. We will be more diligent and thorough in inspecting the cleanliness of rooms before guest check-in.

Your remarks will reiterated to the staff and handled accordingly. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed September 30, 2013

First of all, we pre-paid for a room w/ a king size bed, & were given a room w/ a queen size bed without being told on checking in. Dirty hallway & room carpets. Bed was very hard. Hallways smelled. Kitchinette only had 1 boiler for cooking & kitchen plumbing sounded like someone was drilling when water was turned on. Bathroom corners had signs of previous mold & had a LOUD fan which did nothing for getting rid of steamy mirrors. One outlet didn't work. Smoke detector was covered with taped paper. Suspicious looking clientel. Barking dog in another room did not help matters as we were leaving at 5am. For the amount we paid per night, I strongly recommend that you "skip" this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013