Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been here three times and always order the molé. The second time, it was rather spicy, all times excellent. It is made in house, as are the tortillas which are out of this world. Regular boring rice and refried beans included but who cares? The first time I went the woman who I believe makes everything came out and watched us eat. Sweet waitresses. In a small rundown series of shops - which only makes it better.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed November 5, 2019

This is my second visit to La Dona where I gave it another chance. I came back for the excellent enchiladas. Again, the service was slow where I waited 30 minutes for our food to arrive. This was on a Sunday at 12:30pm. 2 cooks for this size restaurant isn't enough. If you don't mind waiting and have nothing else to do but wait, the food is worth the wait

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Eat-TravelNow
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Quaint ambiance. Food was good and service polite and friendly. Traditional tostadas and burrito. Good portion for the price.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We had an excellent dinner here, there is a different special every night, the night we came it was the carnitas platter. Meat was tender and had good flavor (maybe a tad salty), the hand made corn tortillas were excellent, and the chips and salsa were some of the best we have ever had. Will be coming back to try the rest of their menu!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

While being authentic this place was sort of just above average. The margueritas were fairly tame for the price. The enchiladas were almost sauceless. The beans contained meat of some sort so vegetarians beware. Nothing really jumped out as stellar. But there was nothing wrong with the food either. But from the reviews we were expecting more.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to La Dona? Share your experiences!