“New sushi chef?!?!”

Ichi Maki
Ranked #120 of 241 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been huge fans on Ichi Maki since we moved here a year ago. They had fresh sushi and good service (although it is a little run down). Today we went and found a NEW menu and a DIFFERENT chef!!! Although our favorites were still on the menu, the freshness went down. We were disappointed when the sushi topped with "seard" tuna came out with raw tuna and my roll that was supposed to be topped with charred scallops came out with shrimp instead. The shrimp tempura in the rolls was cold as well...like they hadnt been cooked right when ordered. We will be reluctant to go back.

1  Thank Brittany P
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been eating Sushi for 30 years now and I have gone to a lot of different places, as I have gotten around a lot as a Professional Driver.

I have lived in Napa County and Solano County now going on 8 years. I have been going to Ichi Maki, for the last 3 years regularly. Food to Food comparisons with the others in Napa or here in Solano. Except for Morimoto's, it is a toss up. But, as for Value. None of them compare to Ichi.

Servers are friendly and generally very attentive. Busy is busy.

If you like to watch sports on TV and have a good Sushi Meal? This is 5 Stars. It is not a fancy place. But, the food makes up for it.

1  Thank NandSWineDriver