“Not worth it”

Cuisines: Mexican
Olivehurst, California, Usa
“Not worth it”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

don't bother, especially if you're hungry.the food was alright, but it was way over priced.the servers were friendly.the restaurant was semi clean. All in all I would avoid this place from now on.

• Visited October 2013

Fairfield, California
“El Pollo has gone Loco”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am rarely a fast food patron but I have tried El Pollo Loco three times becasue the kids wanted it for poolside lunch or dinner. The first two experiences with their take-out food were good. The chicken and sides were tasty, different from other fast-chicken options, but a little pricey. Kids loved it; so we took some home to eat around the pool. The last experience told me something has changed with this franchise or the entire El Pollo Loco enterprise. The menu was smaller and, inexplicably absent was a Mexican stable, refried beans. (On the way home, I had to stop elsewhere to get this family favorite.) Something has changed with the way the chicken was prepared. It was dry and terribly salty. Later, all of us felt bloated from the salt. Pieces of chicken were so small I wondered if we got carrier pigeon instead. We have given up on this place since it is clear they have cut corners on quality and quantity yet bumped the price upward.

• Visited August 2012