“Nice Place for Kids and Jelly Bean Lovers, Weekdays Are Best to Visit”

Jelly Belly Factory Tour
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Fairfield
Reviewed January 26, 2014

If you are going to visit, going during the week will be less crowded, plus the tour will show the full operations going. Also, during school breaks, it is much more busy with wait times of about 30-60 mins to do the tour. Otherwise, there is a very minimal wait. The tour is fine for all children of any age. We went with a 2 year old and 6 year old, and there was plenty for them to see and do. Plenty of accessible areas for strollers.
Now if you are in the area, it is a cool place to visit once. If you live in the Fairlfield, Davis, Vacaville areas, then you can probably go here once or twice a year, since it is a local thing. However, I would not make a special trip here if you are further like Fresno, SF or Modeto.
Make sure you try the free samples of the crazy flavors that are not normally available, like "pencil shavings", "dog food" or "vomit".
The best part about the tour is that it is free! Of course you will probably drop some money on the gift shop before you leave.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were going to San Francisco and decided to spend the night in Fairfield. I was so glad we did since we got to go to the Jelly Belly Factory too! The tour was very cool, we got to see how they make the jelly beans and the different steps and all the different kinds of jelly beans. My 8 year old son and all the adults had a lot of fun on this tour. We even got to taste the jelly beans before they got coated with the outside flavors. And we got free jelly beans! It was a lot of fun and I would definitely recommend this to everyone. We went on MLK day though so there were a lot of people. We got there around 10am and we waited about 20 mins for the tour. By the time we came out around noon the line was all the way out the door and half way down the sidewalk by the parking lot! I'm glad we got there early! There's also a little cafe if you want to eat here, but we didn't. They also have those penny press machines which we really like to do :) And since we were heading to San Francisco after this tour we decided to use the bathroom here. They have a really nice bathroom and a changing station for the baby as well.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Jelly Belly Factory Tour might be an amazing event during the week, but we went on Sunday. Nobody was working on the floor so all we got to see was the machines standing still. They had a little video when you looked in each room, but I saw a better video on TV that gave more detail about how Jelly Beans are made. We didn't get to see the part of the factory where the gummi candies are made or the chocolate. And our tour guide seemed rather bored with the idea that he was giving the tour.

However, the art in the lobby that has been created out of Jelly Beans is a sight to behold.

Careful when you are sampling the Jelly Beans. Those with the horrible names really do taste like what they say they do! My husband tricked me into trying one.

1  Thank TheConroys
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were in Fairfield for a Work trip and fit the tour in on our lunch break! So neat to see the factory and get to taste the different flavors! Stopped in for a jelly belly shaped hamburger too :)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I absolutely love Jelly Belly beans so when in the USA I got the opportunity to visit the factory I could not pass up the the chance. The tour was great and detailed about the rise of the company and the development of the different flavours. You got to taste quite a few on the tour and a free bag of jelly beans at the end. :)