“Unexpectedly nice”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Los Angeles, CA
“Unexpectedly nice”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I highly enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms were really clean and the staff were accommodating. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave. Free breakfast (which was decent) and free wi-fi was included with the price. There were fast food places that were within walking distance from the hotel. Within a short drive, you can go to a grocery store, Costco, and a pharmacy. The hotel is also located within 20-30min drive to Napa valley wineries. The only thing I didn't like was that the bed was too firm for me. Overall, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
North Babylon, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Was visiting Napa thought I was staying closer to napa valley. Daughter booked this one by phone while we were driving. Realized too late it was about a 15 to 20 minute drive away. The receptionis was extremely friendly when we arrived Our room was right down the hall on ground level I should have asked for an upper floor. There was a kid above me running back and forth. We knew the child was up in the morning by the running back and forth again, They had a computer we could use but only 1 I can only imagine a booked hotel all guest trying to use the computer uggh. But at least they had one. Coffee was in the lobby area at all times as were hot cocoa and teas. (The room also had a coffe maker and refrigerator) The coffee I must say was excellent. Why make it in your room when it was close enough at all times. The room was a little dark for me. The bathroom had a little mold on tiles. Beds were a little on the hard side but the pillows were comfortable at least. We only stayed 1 night. Husband used the the treadmill they had two I believe. An outside pool area but it was too chilly for us so I can't review that. The continental b'fast consisted of the usual fare b'dfast area was clean and replenished at all times they had a tv in the eating area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Everything was great at this hotel. Beds were comfortable and the room extremely clean. The breakfast was the usual continental breakfast, but missing the cinnamon rolls that are supposed to be part of their hype. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010
Harpenden, UK
Reviewed April 5, 2010

There's always a contradiction in looking for a hotel near an interstate: if you can't see it from the interstate, you don't know it's there so you can't stay there. If you can see it from the interstate, it'll be too noisy to stay there. Luckily, I found this HIE some distance back from the road, and we had a quiet night.

So what can I remember about it? Umm. Umm. Nice welcome from an Asian lady. She gave me a couple of keys so I could look at different rooms. They were both bland and rather chilly, both in temperature and decor. Usual boring American polystyrene "complementary" breakfast. Quite expensive. And that's about it. No real complaints. Okay for a night.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I was really tired and needed to find a place to crash. I found this Holiday Inn Express... I got the room for like $90 or $99 plus taxes.. The outside looks like brand new as well as the inside lobby.

HOWEVER, the room itself is very basic and looks old and worn. So I don't know if they just renovated the outside and lobby areas or what.... It definitely was not what I was expecting when opening the room door. The room was probably decently clean, but it didn't look nice. The pillows and towels were smaller than most holiday inn express's.. The chair was definitely not going to have my butt in it b.c looked old and dirty. TV was standard, and if I remember correctly, there was no fridge which is a huge negative to me.

I would only stay their again if their rates were brought down to like $65 a night plus tax... It was not like a terrible place to stay, but it was one of the worst holiday inn express's I've stayed at.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Quincy, California
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We were over all very pleased with the hotel. The lobby was nice and well kept. The room was large, up-to-date and clean. The shower was awesome. Our only complaint was that there was cigarette smell in the hallway when we came off of the elevator, but we had a non smoking room which was totally fine and smoke free. I liked that I could open the window. On the down side, my car window was broken in the parking lot over night. The manager said that she has been there for 7 years and they have not had that happen before. I am seriously wondering if it was another guest trying to stage a scene for an insurance fraud, as they had many valuables stolen from their car (but NO damage to the car) and I had a broken window and nothing stolen (not even a very easily accessible i-pod).

Also, the room was really quiet, even though you could hear other guests' noise in the hallway, you couldn't hear it in the room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
San Diego California
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for business for a week in July. I would not stay there again. The hotel is very basic. You get walls, a roof and sagging beds. The decor was beyond dated. I felt unsafe in the room. The window lock was broken and I was on the first floor. The free breakfast was very basic and sparse. Old red apples, old bananas, and cinnamon rolls. More about those cinnamon rolls. They are so very proud of them. And we had them for a few days. Then they ran out. Now we were left with tiny flavorless muffins. Skip the breakfast and eat elsewhere.
The toiletry items were so basic I didn't use them, but I did note that they smelled like.......cinnamon rolls! Cute huh?

• Liked — The occasional free chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.
  • Disliked — Dated decor, unsafe area, bad breakfast food, noisy, sheets and towels smelled like bleach.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank polished_pink