“Horrible Customer Service!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This used to be a hotel that I would frequent when I was in the area for work, every few weeks. As a Diamond member I was always treated well when staying there on business trips.

Recently I booked a room using points, and brought the family with me. I was surprised at how the front desk staff treated us. I could not believe some of the things that came out of Alison's mouth. I guess I am just surprised that her actions would be excepted by the management!

If I were to offer any advice to travelers, I would recommend you do not come to this property. It appears that management has lost control of this property. What you will find is pubic hair in the bathrooms, hair from the maids in your sheets, air conditioners that only barely work, and an overly arrogant staff.

I have seen from past reviews that if you write anything negative about this hotel, the GM will respond with something very accusatory. So bring it on GM, just understand that you used to have my paying business. You lost my paying business because of a free rewards night. Serious party foul.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Effee_1
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Arrived expecting a non-smoking room, and was surprised to hear that only smoking rooms were remaining. Travelling with an asthmatic individual, this was an issue. It was explained to me that non-smoking was a selection I failed to make on Priceline. Okay, fair enough, my fault. Suddenly a non-smoking room becomes available, which is great! But then clerk asks what I paid on Priceline, and now he wont offer me the room until I agree to pay the difference between my Priceline rate and the standard rate for the room, and there was "nothing [he] could do about it"... I protest this on the basis that:
1) Had I selected "non-smoking" initially, I would have been given the room at no extra charge.
2) The difference was calculated strictly by what I had verbally relayed to the clerk. Priceline does not share its final receipts with hotel operators. Hence how could there be "nothing I can do about it" if you are able to freely charge the guest any difference you wish, without price verification from Priceline?
3) I should have been offered the room in the pure spirit of customer service. Any other hotel would.

In the end, after a long debate, I was issued a refund of the entire stay through Priceline, and went to seek accomodation elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dirty_A_1123
premierlodging, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. However, the room you booked was a standard smoking room. There were no standard nonsmoking rooms available. What the agent offered was a non smoking King Suite, which is a room that would have been priced higher than the standard suite had you booked it origininally on Priceline or not. Had we had a standard non smoking room available we certainly would have offered it to you.

I apologize for not being able to meet your needs and hope you stay with us in the future.

Bob West

Reviewed January 26, 2014

$60 for one night. We were on a road trip to Disneyland and we wanted to stop in San Francisco. We didn't want to stay in the city though because the hotels were so expensive. So we chose Fairfield. This worked out perfectly for us because we also visited the Jelly Belly Factory. (Definitely a must if you have time, fun for both kids and adults and they give you free jelly beans) We stayed in room #101. The room was a little dated but everything was nice and clean. The room was quite large, we got a room with 2 double beds and there was a table in the corner of the room and still enough room for my son to do cartwheels if he wanted to. The bathroom was also a good size, it didn't feel cramped at all. The bathtub slopes towards the middle which was a little weird. The room had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. I'm not quite sure about the neighborhood though, there's a few hotels and stores and restaurants around, but my husband still felt like I shouldn't walk out to the car by myself either. Maybe it was because we parked in the back of the hotel and it wasn't well lit. Free wifi and continental breakfast. The breakfast was pretty good. They had cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy and yogurt. As well as juices and coffee and tea and hot cocoa. All in all it worked out well for us. It was cheap and clean and works out if you're just looking for a place to crash and shower. I would definitely recommend this place if you're on a budget and just need a clean place to sleep and shower. Maybe try and get there early and park in the front of the building though.

Room Tip: We could hear the people on the second floor walking around in their room, so if that's a big de...
Reviewed January 26, 2014

It's clean and quiet too. For $80 a night, it was a great deal because it was smack in the middle of the Budweiser and Jelly Belly factories. There's also dining across the way in numerous locations. Denny's is next door. This fairly new property offers hot breakfast items (eggs, sausage) and other yummy wake-up food! The pool was clean, quiet and the spa was the perfect temperature. Recommend this place for family too!

Room Tip: Definitely check out Chez Soul Restaurant whose advertisement is found in the back of their highligh...
2  Thank bearstate1
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This motel was the next best thing to being at home....No actually better! I didn't have to clean to have a clean room. And I didn't have to cook breakfast. AND I had an amazing view every time I walked outside and got to see the mountains in the not so far distance.

My husband was working in the area and I flew out to join him and turned it into a little "second honeymoon." We had privacy when we wanted it, but when we did need assistance there was always someone readily available. The staff was friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed the outdoor spa and pool (IN JANUARY!) I don't think the spa had been used in a while because it was a bit gritty the first time we used it, and it left a yucky ring around our bodies. But the second time we used it, it had filtered out and had none of the previous grittiness or "scum". But what can you expect from an outdoor spa that most likely hadn't been used for a while?

I apologize for no pictures of the room, but this was a second honeymoon after all.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room just down the short hall from the lobby. It was quiet and private.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

A nice little hotel for those who want to stay in the Napa area but did not want to pay a lot. We asked for a room with two beds, and we got exactly that. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch, even if it was not a gourmet meal. Staff was polite and helpful. Overall, I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dontbullyme
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I would like to commend this hotel for being reliable and honest. Nowadays, it's hard to find an honest person, let alone an honest stranger. We accidentally left my niece's laptop in our room after staying there for 3 nights. Two or 3 days later, we realized that we left it at the hotel. We immediately called the hotel and expected them to say that it wasn't there. To our surprise, they had said they have it and will send it to us. I told them I will call them again once I have arranged the shipping. Got so busy the following day that I didn't get to call UPS to pick it up and UPS charges me 7 bucks just for the pick up.That day, the manager , Bob West, called me personally to let me know that they still have the laptop and they were waiting for me to call them again so they can send it out. He even said he can drop it off at the UPS store so we won't have to be charged for it! I am super thankful for all the staff especially the housekeeping department and the general manager for being exceptionally honest. Thank you,thank you.

1  Thank shasha m