“a few minor issues...and horrible wifi” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
San Francisco, California
“a few minor issues...and horrible wifi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times over the past month. It seems like it was a very nice property when it was under the previous brand, but it's quickly becoming worse for wear. The employees are just slightly more friendly than at other Choice properties (which isn't saying much). The rooms are generally clean but during my most recent stay I was finding hairs all over the room. The WiFi is extraordinarily slow and at times not working at all (the ethernet also was not working in my room). The carpets are clean, the rooms are large, but the beds are a bit too firm for my liking. The hotel is priced well in light of these issues. I would only recommend this hotel if you do not need internet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank plasticintruder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I checked in March 26, 2013 for one night so I did not bother to unpack. Next day prior to check out, I noticed used/dirty clothing in one of the drawers. I reported this to Allison (front desk) right away and she said I just missed Bob West, General Manager, but she will let him know right away and will get back with me. I didn't hear from Mr. West so later on I filed a complaint with ChoiceHotels.com on March 27, 2013 and was told the Manager of Quality Inn will contact me about my concern. April 8, 2013, I called ChoiceHotels for a follow up and informed them no one has tried to contact me. ChoiceHotels said some one from upper management will contact me within 72 hours (3 days). April 11, 2013, Still no contact from Mr. West/Management. Called ChoiceHotels, they transferred my call to Mr. West who informed me "No one has tried to let him know about my complaint". Not Allison nor Choicehotels. His own staff and the system that monitors their practices failed to notify him and that he was totally unaware of my concerns? THAT IS HARD TO BELIEVE. By the way, I also developed a rash soon after my check out at that hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank FedericoG107
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay in the area for one night, and used a common hotel-discount and booking website to search for local accommodations for a reasonable price. The website (with pictures) quoted a jacuzzi king room for around $99. We decided to hold off on the online booking and check in to see for ourselves. The gentleman who greeted us (from the couch in the lobby) seemed really irritated when we asked if he could match the online websites price of 99$. He exclaimed that those websites aren't even supposed to have access to their establishment with pictures, let alone prices. It felt very accusatory, and just as we were about to try our luck at the Marriott across the street (where we've stayed before for the same price with a much cleaner and nicer stay) he said he could offer the jacuzzi room to us for 106$. We took it, unfortunately. He did however ask me more than twice in a bit of a harassing way to show him exactly the site that I had found the quote of 99$ "so he could show his boss". As we were in a bit of a rush, my phone had died and we had things to do, showing the management a quote I found easily online wasn't really a priority for us.
The gentleman did warn us that our room was on the 3rd floor which was a smoking floor, though the room itself shouldn't have an odor. The 3rd floor certainly had something of an odor- it smelled like someone dumped rancid Indian food all over the carpet. The carpet looked about the same- a deep clean was definitely in order. The room itself was just a little icky. Not a place I felt comfortable walking around barefoot in. The carpet was fraying apart and had suspicious looking stains. The bed was very low to the ground, and while the sheets looked clean, the top comforter had many dark spots on it that looked like wax stains? Off putting. The pillows on the bed were old and small, major updating needed. The tv was approximately the same size and vintage as one of the pillows- doesn't seem like it's hard or unreasonable to upgrade to something less prehistoric in the way of TVs these days? The jacuzzi was the rooms saving grace- though it needed a good scrub down and found several hairs on the bottom of it. The bathroom shower had two options- ice maker or boiling. Didn't stick around for AM breakfast. Will stay across the street next time.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Emmacscanlan
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wasn't to sure what to expect, but was very surprised by the quality of the rooms. The room I stayed in had two queen size beds. The beds and pillows were comfortable plus. The bathroom was very clean. There was also a lot of good quality food outlets in the area and if your going to be cruising through the Napa valley its perfectly situated

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ps_Phil
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are on a budget. Close enough to Napa to enjoy the wine country, yet far enough away to not feel the tourist surcharge every where you go. The service was good, clean rooms, good continental breakfast and a great price.

Room Tip: Great alternative to Napa valley accomodations
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seeralon
premierlodging, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Quality Inn Fairfield/Napa Valley. We are glad your stay was satisfactory, Many guests find that our reasonable rates and our proximity to Napa Valley make us an incredible value for anyone visiting the wine country. We are glad you agree! We look forward to your next visit.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Was very reasonably priced! Room was clean, spacious and quiet. Bed was comfortable. Employees were friendly. Had a good variety of food at the continental breakfast. Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nathan P
premierlodging, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Quality Inn Fairfield/Napa Valley. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay.

Trail, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just stayed here on Dec. 29, 2012. It was great for the price of under sixty dollars. Room was very clean. We requested and stayed on top floor (#3) because of other reviews regarding thin walls and noise. So we did not have problem with noise at all.
Breakfast was extensive. Everyone should be able to find plenty to eat. Breakfast area was well staffed and very clean. Very nice place to stay. We will use this motel again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for room on top floor away from ice machine and stairs/elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jnjlogs
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, and for agreeing that Quality Inn Fairfield/Napa Valley provides a great value. We are especially glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast. We look forward to you next trip to the area and hope to see you again soon.