“Great service at a decent value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Try booking a decent hotel in the Marin-Sonoma County area at the last minute during a NASCAR event at Infineon Raceway! Opted to stay at this hotel based on location and reviews. Though the facility could use a bit of updating, the staff was very friendly and accomodating, and the room was spacious and clean. The spa and swimming pool appeared to be clean as well as the mini gym. The complimentary breakfast was so-so, but at least it was offered. All things considered, I feel that this hotel is a very good choice for its location, price and cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jamie A

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed just one night with 3 young children but had a fantastic stay. Kids enjoyed hot tub before bed. Newspaper outside room in morning. Hot breakfast fabulous: cheese omlets, bacon, biscuits with sausage gravy, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, danishes, bagels, muffins, bread, cold cereal, juices, milk.
The 2 queen room was spacious enough for one child to sleep on floor without being in the way.
3 minutes from Jelly Belly factory.
We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ItsiPitsi
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Checked into the hotel on friday early afternoon. Front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. the hotel lobby was very clean as was the front desk. At check out on Saturday morning the hotel desk clerk was very helpful as well.

I was given room 315 on the third floor. When the elevator door opened and I entered the hallway to the room, there was a strong odor of smoke. Which to me seemed odd as I thought it was a smoke free area.

Entering the room I found it to be very neat and clean. The room was very large and had a jacuzzi tub which I did not use. One of the things I liked about the room was you could open the window and let fresh air in.

A couple of things I didn't like however was the lack of pictures on the walls. Lots of wall space but only two prints. The pillows on the bed where small terrible to sleep on. They looked and felt more like throw pillows. The bed itself was clean but it was just a bit to hard for me. Some of you though might find that to your liking. The love seat next to the bed was too soft and it felt like you where sitting on the floor. You could even feel the bed frame under the cushions. Lastly, the adjustable chair at the desk would not adjust. I felt like I was sitting on the floor.

I should also say that the hotel had a workout room and a pool both of which I did not use. They too looked very clean.

Would I stay here again if I had to stay in Fairfield and had business/pleasure close to this hotel? yes I would. Was the price of the room worth the $140.00 I paid? no it wasn't.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sgtburg
Reviewed May 14, 2012

While I have no clue if they did reuse the sheets, I do know even after putting towels on racks and shower rod so we could use again. The hotel housekeeping not only took everyone of the towels, but then every time left only 2 bath towels for my husband & I requiring us each day to get 2 more. They also did not take our recycle but opted to let it pile up. If husband & I knew a local recycling spot we would take care of it our-self. This was the first hotle we were staying more then just one night and had hoped this hotel was as green friendly as they try to come across as. But they are not.

The room was clean, the breakfast was fine, but with all the focus on saving water in CA and to try and be more eco-friendly, you would think a major hotel chain would instruct their staff on how to get it done right.

OH and the bed was hard as a rock!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie K
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Nice,clean, friendly and helpful staff. Located near Wineries, Jelly belly and Six Flags. Quiet and relaxing for either business, family or weekend getaway. It's not a 5 or 4 star hotel and doesn't claimed to be , but really great value, better then most Quality Inn or Comfort Inns.

Lore553

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Birthday week getaway, the stay was really good, the service daily wa excellent. They really did a good job making sure we were satisifed with our rooms. I was so relaxed we actually worked out 4 of the 5 days we were there. I would recommend this location to friends and family. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
premierlodging, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Quality Inn and Suites Fairfield/Napa Valley for your recent Birthday getaway.

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and that our staff, services & facilities eceeded your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’ real soon! And Happy Birthday!

Kind regards

Bob West
Genaral Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel does not pretend to be anything its not. No bait and switch. Its an economical solution for those wanting to save money. This hotel is a treasure.

Much like the last reviewer, I normally don't even consider hotels in this price range. Because of the reviews on this page (and the fact we were traveling without our kids), I decided to give it a shot.

It is true I came in with low expectations, but I can honestly say I was blown away. Sure the TV is dated, the room is older, but the condition of everything is extremely well kept. Everything is super clean! It is quiet. I have only heard limited noise from neighbors, Nothing disturbing.

Breakfast: This is by far the best breakfast I have ever had for a hotel in this price range. Hot fresh and well maintained. Yoghourt, HB eggs, cereal, toast, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage gravy, fresh baked biscuits, Juices, coffee, teas, coco. I am sure I am missing something.

Pool/Hot Tub: The hot tub was hot and the pool and area were very clean.

Fitness room: It was average

Other guests: We noticed a few business folks, mostly couples, a few with kids.

If your expecting a 3.5 star then pay for it. If your wanting this price range then understand its not a 3.5 star (though I would almost say it should be)

I will be coming back here every time I come to the area.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Thumper369
premierlodging, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield - Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We do strive to be the best value in the area. We believe that no hotel around offers the same level of quality in this price range, and it's always great to hear that our guests agree. We also agree that the full hot breakfast is a great value. The entire staff looks forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,