“Wonderful!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Sacramento
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have been looking for restaurants in Fairfield through TripAdvisor and this was rated #2. It should be #1! We loved it. The fried chicken is cooked to order...rice and beans were delish and so were the hush puppies. This is family owned and everyone is lovely and very accommodating. I wanted some cole slaw with my chicken and they made it on the spot! We look forward to returning to try other items on the menu. It is place out of the past...very down-to-earth and so tasty. Highly recommend! Like being in Louisana...or Loozeianna!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Rollster65

Benicia, California
“Soul Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you love soul food this restaurant will not disappoint! They've got fried chicken, fried catfish, hush puppies, collard greens, red beans and rice, banana pudding, sweet potato pie and more. I ordered the fried chicken, collard greens, red beans and rice. The chicken was fresh and juicy. The collard greens were a little spicy and very tasty. The red beans and rice were the best I've had in CA.

They give very generous portions, no matter how good it tastes - save room for dessert! We had some of the banana pudding it was awesome! The sweet potato pie came out as a warm. mini pie that was super flavorful with a generous amount of I'm thinking ginger and cloves?

We went on Saturday and enjoyed live music, great service and we were not rushed out of the restaurant. This is a fun place to go on a date if you are new to southern cooking. Also lots of good, home cooked, family food so you can bring your family as well.

• Visited July 2012
Fairfield, California
“Epitome of Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food is succulent and divine, the service is outstanding and the atmosphere is one of understated elegance! My absolute favorite place to eat in Fairfield!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sheree S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Check it out!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Great food! Amazing fried chicken and the best baked beans!!! Catfish was tastey too.

“Best southern food on the west coming from someone who's the south.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

We ate here based on the recommendations made on tripadvisor and they were right. We were touring Napa's wine country and decided to give it a try. This is the best southern food on the west coast and I know southern food (was raised on it). I just wish they were in the south.

Food - cooked to order so its fresh, HOT and delicious! Hot food is a big deal to southern folk like myself. Water has lemon and fresh mint - very nice touch. Large food portions so keep this in mind when ordering fried chicken. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that they season a lot of veggies with smoked turkey (I don't eat pork) and when I say the greens and black eye peas were on point I mean it! Delishhhh! The menu has a lot of different options for lunch, dinner and there must've been 12 different desserts so there's something for everyone.

Atmosphere - very nice, clean fresh and updated very well for a downtown establishment. Colors are nice neutral and the bakery display makes you want to have dessert before dinner. Bathrooms were clean, and had toilet seat covers. I also liked that the bathrooms were not directly inside the dining area so there were no unpleasant odors seeping into the room.

Service: family owned and operated; they were very friendly whether they were your waitor or not. We got a 10% discount for checking in on Facebook.

Overall, great experience. So glad we opted to try it instead of dining at one of Napa Valley's restaurants.