“I have a membership.”

Wooden Valley Winery
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in Fairfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Open daily 10-5; celebrating 75 years. Part of the North Coast AVA.
Fairfield, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I have a membership.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My review, although it shows as a solo, it's a mix of several visits I made already there. I am a member of their club.
As a local, I decided to go to a wine tasting at Suisun Valley with a friend of mine with my wife being our "designated driver". As owner of a small limousine company, I brought several clients to the wineries in Suisun Valley but never had the opportunity to try them myself. And I was glad to know that, although they are not "fancy" or they are not "boutique" wineries like in Napa or Sonoma, the quality of most part of the produced wines is very good.

I was specially impressed with Wooden Valley winery. The quality of their wines is at the same level or even better, in some cases, than the wines in Napa. I suggest the Merlot and the Riesling varieties. They are my favorite. They have two types for Riesling actually. And for those who prefer more dessert wines, I suggest White Gamay or Miscela.

The hosting needs some improving yet but it's much better since I went there for the first time on 2012.

And their prices are chiper than the ones in Napa. You won't regret.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank GustavoBastos58

California
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went to the final summer fundraiser (wounded warriors) which apparently happens every 3rd Friday in summer. They have food trucks, live music, raffles (with proceeds to charity), and of course, wine. We tried the Cab and it was very nice! The area is nicely landscaped with lots of picnic tables and everyone had a great time. We'll be back!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank vtowngirl
El Cerrito, California, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A little gem”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A family run winery that experiments with numerous varietals, this is always a fun place to visit. Their wines are reasonably priced and very satisfying. Nice change of pace from Napa or Sonoma. Laid back and peaceful.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Marcia G
Fairfield, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a pleasure to have Wooden valley Winery in my backyard. Fantastic wine, great service and friendly staff. Last months Food Truck event was fun as well as knowing the proceeds went to a great charity. Looking forward to this months event Aug 16th.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MJB58
California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Good wine at a good price”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Wooden Valley has a large tasting room and offers a variety of meats, cheese, and crackers that we bought for a picnic the next day. There was no tasting fee. They offered a variety of whites and reds and although we drink both we preferred the lighter, sweeter wines from Wooden Valley. We ended up leaving with a case of primarily Riesling and White Gamay with a couple Miscela. The case discount brought it to about $10/bottle - good everyday drinking wine. We did, however, see it in Vons for $9 (on sale with multiple bottle purchase) after visiting the winery.

Visited June 2012