“Ok”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stopped here before and just as adequate as the last time. Just the ticket for an overnight stay, right on the freeway so the usual noise, clean, comfy and safe, would recommend if your just after a basic nights accomodation

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UkHapytraveller

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The front desk clerk was friendly. This hotel is not in a bad location, but I ran into several shady homeless men while it was dark. my room's bathroom was unclean. The bed had a huge dent on the right side. The elevator had a scary man riding up and down in it, and it smelled of cigarette smoke. The hotel is across from a Texas Roadhouse restaurant, so do not expect a quiet night if you say here. It was very loud well past 11pm. There is a mention of breakfast, that consisted of bananas, muffins and pastries. Nothing goes on early in the morning, it was almost after 7 before breakfast was offered. I called and asked how much for a one night stay and was told 88 dollars for a Saturday night. I got onto Priceline and spent 69 after taxes. Please spend a few more dollars and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank crusherace03
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This lodging facility more than met my basic needs. Not only did they offer a military discount, but the staff was polite and professional. We stayed in room 107, which is right next a very nice clean swimming pool. The room itself was clean, neat, and had the basic desk, small table and a couple chairs. Additionally, the lighting within our room was just right. They also had a small refrigerator (which I really didn't use) but it was available nonetheless. This room had a queen size bed (but I believe that was they only size bed they offer. It's my understanding that they offer rooms with one or two Queen sized beds and nothing more than that. So if you're looking for a King size bed, this place is not for you. Speaking of the bed, it was very comfortable with no complaints. The AC worked well and was relatively quiet. The bathroom was very clean and everything worked well. No problems with shower or toilet drainage.

All in all, it was a good experience for $63.00 bucks per night (with military discount). Oh, one last comment, this is a pet friendly motel. Our little doggie did just fine here.

A great value all in all. I will lodge here again some day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Henry S
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a fairly disappointing stay. The hotel is on the cheaper side, but for $70 a day id expect a lot more.

Staff are pretty unfriendly and unhelpful. The continental breakfast is a joke - some undrinkable coffee, some cheap orange juice and pre wrapped pastries. Had to go to the supermarket to buy some food for breakfast. The rooms are quite noisy and very bright.

Positives: pretty decent location off I-80. TV, refrigerator and microwaves in the room.

Will probably not stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
ABVI-Fairfield, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable as you would have liked it to be. I do apologize if you felt that the front desk was rude. I assure you that the front desk will be coached on their behavior. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

...but not a great one, either. However, for the price I couldn't beat it and you might not beat the price, either. Situated just in Fairfield, but closer to Vacaville. Was greeted on check-in by a young lady who made me feel like I was interrupting something. The room was clean when I got into it; the magnetic key had to be re-run as I made the mistake of putting it in my empty pocket. Everything seemed in order save the sink-it was running so slow it might as well not been draining at all. (I mentioned that on checkout; they said they'd fix it.) The most important thing in a room is the bed; the mattress was firm-and the sheets were clean, if a little rough. (I developed a sheet burn on my elbow as a result.) For a night or a weekend, though, it's not a bad place for a single person or couple using it as a place to sleep while checking out the area. I was happy enough with my stay, and would come back to it again.

Room Tip: Top floor facing pool is less likely to have noise from restaurant next door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Drmgc
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at this motel on Sept 15, 2012. Clearly, this is a budget hotel and was just what we were looking for. Our room was very clean. Our queen size be was comfortable. The AC and the shower worked well. What more can you ask for? When staying in non chain or budget hotels we always ask to see the room before we commit. The first room Mr. Patel showed us reaked of cigarette smoke despite the fact that it was designated "Non Smoking". (This is not the proprietor's fault.) The next room Mr. Patel showed us was perfectly adequate and the price was very reasonable. We requested additional pillows which were provided. We requested a wake-up call which was delivered.

Incidiently, we did not use the pool but it was very clean and the pool chairs were average.

This property is adjacent to the Texas Roadhouse restaurant. We filled up on beer and free peanuts thus saving the cost of dinner.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarSea-II
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stay here for a week and had a very good stay. Rooms were clean. The beds were very firm! But if you are allergic to bees, do not go to the Third floor by the elevator! It is in a safe area. Even though it is close to I-80, the rooms are very quiet and we didn't hear the traffic. Texas Roadhouse is right next door.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Janice G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Motel 6 Fairfield/Napa Valley CA
#9 of 17 in Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfield
Quality Inn & Suites Vacaville
Extended Stay America - Fairfield - Napa Valley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!