“Heaven on Earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rivers Inlet
Rivers Inlet Sportsman's Club Ltd
Calgary, Canada
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This coming August will be my 5th trip up to the inlet. It will also be my 4th year in a row to Sportsman's Club. From the moment you step off the plane you are greeted by Simon and the entire staff...you immediately feel at home and amongst friends.
There are so many different ways the staff will go out of their way to make you feel welcome...from Simon waking everyone up early in the morning with his bugle, the Hardy breakfast that await you in the dinning room to get your day started, the option of coming in for a hot lunch or having sandwiches packed for you along with a hot thermos of coffee. My highlight is the dinners from Rack of Lamb to Prime Rib with lots of sea food in between and who can resist the fresh baked cookies at the end of the evening!
The scenery is un-.parallel ! We have see hundred's of Dolphins racing along the shore line, Orca's swimming in pods, Whales breeching meter's from your boat and too many Bald Eagles to count.
The fishing is world class! The staff will orientate you on all the different types of fishing from mooching , using the down riggers to bottom fishing for Halibut. Your gear is top notch, ready to go. All you have to do is head out on the water , drop your line and take in the scenery. Most everyone limits out and with all the boxes of packaged fish on the dock at the end of the trip you'll think they will need to bring in another plane just to fly the fish out!
August can't come fast enough. I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world up at Sportsman's. Every one comes up as fishermen, by the end of the trip they all leave as friends. I have been fortunate to be able to bring my son on one of the trips. I can't wait to take my daughter up next year so she too can experience my version of "Heaven on Earth"

Room Tip: Ask one of the girls to put a hot water bottle in your bed before you turn in for the night...you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve H

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My family has a lifetime memories of our trip. The lodge is comfortable, well equipped and only minutes from the best fishing in this area of the coast. Everything from the warm cookies that were waiting for us when we came in from the evening fishing to the excellent meals, and top notch service made us feel special. The whales right next to the boat, the float plane in and out of the lodge, the exploring we did up the coast and of course the fishing all added up to one great family wilderness experience. We have been eating the salmon, telling the stories and loving it! Definitely going back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sean B
Corte Madera, California
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Where else can you arrive at a resort and immediatley be treated like an old friend, even if it is your first visit. Simon Kelly was the perfect host, making sure that everything was done by his staff to ensure this was the best fishing trip ever. Simon's energy and enthusiasm is infectious, so much so that you can not help but have a great time.

The guides have an amazing ability to allow weekend anglers like me to catch our limit of coho, halibut and ling cod and still indulge in fine eating and drinking with three hearty meals and substantial snacks each day. My wife, family and friends were so impressed with the fish that I took home that I am constantly asked when I will be going back. Soon I tell them and if they are lucky, they can join me too.

Thank you to Simon, Barbara and all the staff at the Sportsman's Club. You have created a very special place that is unlike any others around. The never ending desire to make sure all guests are having the trip of a lifetime is really evident in all aspects of the Camp. Thank you.

Room Tip: There are rooms for those who want a quiet and relaxing trip and rooms for those who like to try and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Simon D
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This upcoming trip in July, 2014 will be my 10th year and trip in a row. Can't say enough about the "whole" experience. I started by taking clients and now concentrate on family and close friends. There is an abundance of bald eagles nesting overlooking our fishing waters. The Humpback whales and the occasional sea otter and sea lions. Wow, it's just a wonderful experience. Simon and Barbara, the owners and operators are running nothing short of a 1st class operation here. From the sleeping quarters to the gourmet meals to the friendly staff, nothing is left short of guaranteeing you a trip of a lifetime. You will catch fish, lots of them. I have caught two King Chinook salmon over 30 lbs, they're called "Tyees" and a couple Halibut over 70 lbs. If you're looking for a extraordinary trip of a lifetime, Go to Rivers Inlet Sportman's Club and see for yourself! Mark Gilliam from Tennessee....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ty Collwyn Waterfront Retreat
Blackfish Lodge
Blackfish Lodge
#29 of 274 in Vancouver Island

Been to Rivers Inlet Sportsman's Club Ltd? Share your experiences!