All reviews first class fish top notch the owner great food great trip get away next year from start to finish great staff dock staff restaurant style fried chicken second to none an amazing experience self guided whale watching
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I have been part of the 'Duncanby Family' for more than a decade now. What keeps us coming back year after year are the people. The owners Leigh and Sid Keay make every guest feel like they are part of the family. A special shout out to the dock staff. One morning I asked them a question. I asked, "if you were going out there fishing this morning, what would you use on the end of your rod?" Without hesitation they hooked me up with 2 hoochie and flasher combinations. Let me tell you that before I had a chance to get my second rod in the water I already had a 22 pound spring hit. Seriously! It was less than 60 seconds. Not only the dock staff and guides are exceptional but also the entire lodge and kitchen staff too. We have already booked trips for 2020 and 2021. Can't wait to get back there next summer. Cheers and tight lines...

Room tip: Stay at the end rooms (Orca and Sunset) if you want a more quiet evening.
Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great time, meeting new people, and staff was great as usual. Caught some great fish in a spectacular place, the scenery is second to none.
Food is great and you can come and go as you want, the feast at the end is killer!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The quality of the location, boats, food, accommodations and staff make Duncanby Lodge what all fishing lodges should aspire to be. From the moment you check in to fly to Rivers Inlet you feel as if everyone is there to make your experience a trip of a life time.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good place. Excellent service and customer care. Bed not the best. . Otherwise great place to fish with friends. Let us go on out our own with the boats to do as est fishing as we wanted where we wanted.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another great trip to Duncanby. We fish unguided but the guides will always help out, letting us know where it’s hot and what’s working. The dock staff were extremely helpful ensuring our boat was well equipped each day. The rooms are spotless and the dining is excellent, offering a wide variety of choices for every meal.

Date of stay: July 2019