“Mediterranean Coffee Shop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Mediterranean Coffee Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fair Fix is a unique place. You can get great espresso drinks, exotic teas, Mediterranean comfort foods and bagels. The funky, relaxed atmosphere creates an environment where anyone can feel comfortable. I dropped in for three hours most evenings while writing my masters thesis. I found the energy and hum of the place inspirational.

Visited June 2012

“Hummus yummus!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

This is my go-to place if I know I want good food and done want to risk it trying something new that I may or may not like. The hummus plate, Mediterranean plate and falafel plate are all really good choices. The atmosphere is coffee house style.

Vallejo, California
“It's all good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

OK, I really like the Fairfix and I come about every other week. First of all: the staff here actually know how to make a proper cappucino. That means a lot. I usually get salads or the Mediterranean Plate when I come here, and I have been happy with them. They are good and substantial. It isn't the sort of place where the tomatoes are all homegrown and heirloom, but it's excellent as a local, reasonably priced, reliable eatery and regular hangout. Once, I got something that didn't taste quite right, and I sent it back (I don't remember what it was). No hassles. But I usually find everything fresh and delicious.

The place is clean and pleasant (the bathroom is clean too), the chess club meets here, there is a squashy sofa for getting really comfortable, and for those needing to get work done there are places to plug in laptops.

• Visited April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Microwaved couscous and veggies, but good corn soup”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I tried this place based on the yelp recommendations but went wrong with the African veggies, I think it was. I should have sent it back. Mushy, microwaved veggies on couscous. But the corn soup was good. The ambiance and service leave a lot to be desired. Maybe it would have been better if I went with falafel or a mediterannean plate.

Visited April 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“really cool place! Best...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008