“Very disappointed!!!”

Sunflower Drive-In
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Fair Oaks
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed July 21, 2014

After receiving the wrong order I was told very rudely that the only thing that could be done would be to charge me again and remake the order!!! The only thing I have ever ordered was the nut burger. I ordered 3 nut burgers and received 3 nut tacos. Which did not compare!!! This was the first time my husband had joined me at the Sunflower and it will be the last for both of us!!! Apparently at the Sunflower the customer is always wrong!!!

3  Thank Anna I

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have been going to Sunflower Drive-In since I moved to the area in 1979. It has always been consistent in quality. Be aware, that the wait for your order may be a long one, but it has always been worth it. I had an egg salad with cheese sandwich. It was good, but not quite as good as it has been in the past. I generally order the nut burger which is ALWAYS outstanding. My sister-in-law ordered the patty melt and said it was wonderful. I guess I will try something new the next time I go to Sunflower (which will be very soon). Keep up the good work Sunflower. The employees are always pleasant and helpful. Just plan on a long wait (during meal hours) and parking can sometimes be at a premium. It is all good and very worth it.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have been visiting this little eatery for over 10 years since I moved into the neighborhood. My family and friends have enjoyed what is offered. The nutty taco is my first favorite and Natcho's my second. I love to stop by before Thursday night concerts in the Park or the outdoor theatre shows. The menu has a variety of choices. All very yummy.....
Personal Tip: Best to visit if you are not in a hurry! Relax & enjoy your healthy meal.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Growing up in Fair Oaks, I remember this place as the little hamburger joint we went to as kids, but, now... it is a completely different experience. After some resistance, my daughter talked me into trying a 'veggie' burger... I must say the man that served us could have been a bit kinder, friendlier and helpful. I had no idea what I was purchasing, and I had questions. I was not holding up a line, yet it seemed I was 'bothering' him. Thank goodness the food made me forget his somewhat 'rudeness'. I had driven by for years, but never had the desire to give it a try as to ruin the memory of my cherished beefy burger as a young one. But, what a SURPRISE! I have been Hooked on Veggie Burgers since. However, there is NO Substitute for the 'burger' that is served at Sunflower! It was wonderful. My entire family enjoys the meals here. Perhaps a bit pricier than I would like when trying to feed a family of 5, but, when we can, we do! If the prices were a bit better for a family...we would go more often, or possibly family deals! But, it is definately worth a lookSee!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Small location plan to park offsite during peak hours especially on a weekend. There is a nice park next door so you can always park and eat at the park. My favorite dish is the falafal pita sandwich with the addition of avacado and jalapenos. The pita has humus, sprouts, and falafel and it's soo good. Kids enjoyed the nachos with a veggy meat crunble. Great place if your looking for a meat alternative in old Fair Oaks. Staff is generally pretty nice and the place is usually clean and well kept for a small older building.