“Happy on a holiday”

Ranked #18 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Long Beach, California
“Happy on a holiday”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

On July 4th we had a devil of a time finding a place to eat after a long hike in Sequoia. As expected most restaurants were closed. We kept driving around and came upon A & W. Yes, its fast food and many don't review fast food. We had frosty mugs, fries, onion rings and burgers. The food was better than average and the service was significantly above average. I saw employees clean tables, deliver samples and provide refills with a smile. We were happy to chose A & W.

• Visited July 2014

Exeter, California
“Good food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

A & W has slow service, but delicious fast food. More expensive than McDonalds, but I can get a veggie-burger here, unlike most fast food places. I always order the mushroom burger with a Gardenburger patty and it is YUM! I have always had very good service, the workers are very polite. Fantastic onion rings!

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Not the best”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

While the food was ok, the service was poor. One staff member in particular, her name was Ciana, she was very rude towards us. Looked like a thug with lip piercing and tattoos. It doesn't seem like a family restaurant to me. Even the manager looked liked a thug. I wouldn't recommend anyone to eat there!

Visited December 2013