New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

East Meet West
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Stick with the East!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

A great family restaurant with friendly staff but I would definitely recommend sticking with the "East" menu - I did and the food was plentiful and delicious. However, my husband went with the "West" (a steak) and he said it was really poor quality and not cooked well at all.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Christleclomps

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Excellent meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had dinner here one evening when staying in Exeter. The restaurant was spotless and the food was delicious. My husband had liver and onions and I had Mongolian Beef. Both of our meals were very tasty. As much as we enjoyed our meals we would like to say that we later found that there were several other options for dining in the downtown area which also looked interesting. If we return to the area we might like to try another option but would also highly recommend East Meet West as well!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jillkaryn
Southeast Louisiana
“Would be a repeat customer if I lived local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast while on our way to Sequioa National park. We were immediately seated and greeted with smiling service. I ordered a turkey ranch sandwich and hashbrowns and my husband had pork chops (yes, for breakfast, lol). It was like eating at home down south, everything was perfect, including the service. Unfortunately we were just passing through because we would have kept returning for each meal while on our trip. Too bad there wasn't one of these restaurants in Oakhurst.

• Visited May 2014
Visalia
“Good but a one time event”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I had heard good things about this place, living about 20 miles away. I was finally in the area and decided to try it.

When my wife and I pulled up we almost left because of the looks. We decided to stay and found the place clean.

I ordered off the East menu and she ordered off the West. We both found our food good, but average. We have no complaints but probably wouldn't go out if out way to come back.

Exeter, California
“Service & Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am an Exeter resident and this is one of my favorite places to dine because I like Liver & Onions and theirs is the best anywhere. I also like the fact they are happy to allow substitutions, such as cottage cheese in lieu of potatoes. The menu has a good variety that will appeal to everyone in your party, regardless of their specific tastes and dietary preferences, which makes it a good family place since everyone likes different things. This is a husband and wife business - they are always friendly and dedicated to providing good service and delicious food.

• Visited March 2014