“little hidden gem”

East Meet West
Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ivanhoe, California
“little hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

the food always comes out hot and plenty of it plus very tasty

Visited May 2012
1 Thank fred3235

Santa Fe Springs, California
“Immaculately clean, reasonable prices, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were headed to Sequoia for some great riding and camping when we hit Exeter and decided it was time for lunch. We spotted the East Meet West restaurant on our left and pulled in. When you walk in the door it has a fresh, uncluttered, clean appearance. There were very few other customers when we came in so we were quickly seated and provided with menus and a glass of water. They have a fairly extensive menu of American standard fare and a good selection of Thai dishes.

I ordered the Reuben sandwich plate and my riding partner ordered a Pad Thai. Both dishes turned out to be flavorful, made with ingredients that were obviously fresh and the portions were reasonable.

The service was competent and timely and when the owner refilled our drinks he was quite friendly.

When I finished lunch I took a stroll around the interior of the restaurant. The whole place, from the cash register to the back door and the men's restroom was absolutely immaculately clean. It had s simple, fresh atmosphere. As far as I'm concerned, it's a great place to stop for lunch or breakfast and a good value.

If you're looking for place with lots of "ambiance" and anything fancy, drive on by. If you're looking for a clean, inviting restaurant that serves fresh, simple fare at a reasonable price you'll like this place. I'll definitely be back on my next trip up Hiway 65.

• Visited October 2011