“bit of paris in the middle of cow pastures”
Review of Monet's

Monet's
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/monets-exeter
Reviewed December 2, 2012

great image right?
well once you step through the doors here you would think that you were transported to a cafe in on one of the many sidestreets of paris
while they have a small menu you must remember the place only has something like 20 seats

must try items
the mushroom soup
the lavender brie
confit of duck
and the water - yes even the water is good here!

1  Thank tim l

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to Monet's in Exeter, as it was recommended by the staff at the Bed & Breakfast where we stayed. The food there was EXCELLENT! The service we got was terrible. The waiter never asked us if we wanted anything to drink so we ended up having just water. He never even asked if we wanted to see a wine list or anything. The people at the table next to us had an italian soda and my husband thought it looked good so he even asked the waiter what it was. The waiter just said "it's an italian soda" and walked away.That was it. He never asked if we wanted one or anything else about it. He also never asked if we wanted desert. We had to ask to see a desert list. He only came back to check on us once. We left a minimal tip. My husband is usually a very big tipper so that waiter missed out that night.

1  Thank lorilscsw
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place was recommended by a local and so we had dinner here. Waiter "Caleb"was attentive and helpful. I had a tender ribeye, topped with mushrooms that had been flambeed in sherry. . My wife had grilled salmon topped with tzaziki, with a chilled taboullet salad and she loved it. She finished with a chocolate Grand Marnier cake that was to die for. Cannot recommend this little cafe enough!

1  Thank ProsecutorSacramento
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was lovely. I have been there twice and had no problems with service. Perhaps I try to imagine I am in Paris - where diners are not rushed - so I just don't notice! Small touches really make the difference.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This restaurant was very busy and apart from having to wait an hour for our food it is well worth visiting. The food was very good and tasty and worth the wait. It was the best restaurant that we visited when staying in Exeter.

Been to Monet's? Share your experiences!