Rodeway Inn
HIExpress.com
$120
$189
$183
All reviewsroom was largeenglish muffinstwo queen bedswould stay here againcerealmicrowavepillowssfaccommodations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Centrally located, clean and comfortable rooms and the manager couple goes out of their way to make you enjoy your stay. We were pleasantly surprised. The motel is located right on Hwy 101 but if the windows are closed..you can't hear the noise.

The only negative is the Continental breakfast. It consists mainly of muffins, cereal and coffee..no fruit or yogurt, etc. Eureka is a lovely town to explore and the Rodeway is within walking distance of Old Town.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are tucked back in the corner of the motel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's too bad I have to give a terrible review on this property, as my prior experiences/stays have been quite good. However, this one was not. My friend and I had come up to Eureka to visit friends and chose this place because of my past stays. We were in our room at 6:00 p.m., having a conversation, while we were waiting to hear from our friends, and got a call from the manager asking us to turn down our TV, as he'd had a complaint. My friend explained we did not even have the TV on and were simply sitting here talking. He told her again that he had had a complaint and could we please lower our conversation. She explained he must have the wrong room and invited him to come up to see, but he again requested we lower our conversation. (We are both over 50 and were NOT talking loudly!) We went out to dinner shortly thereafter. Later, at about 11:15 p.m., we were again sitting in our room carrying on a conversation, watching the news on television (the sound was at a level 3), when we got another call asking us to turn down the TV or our conversation, and indicating that if he had another call, he would ask us to leave. My friend went down to the lobby and again invited him to come upstairs to see that there was NO noise coming from our room! She also asked if he had come up earlier and he told her "No". He said he had had complaints and he had to keep his customers happy. She responded that she was not a happy customer and was quite upset that someone was complaining about noise from our room, when there was NO NOISE. He refused to come upstairs. So, the following morning, we checked out and went across the street to the Red Lion, where we had a VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE. Apparently, management at the Rodeway Inn doesn't really care about ALL of their customers and also does not care to get off their duff to go check out the complaint! Will NEVER stay there again!

Room Tip: Check out the Red Lion. Their rooms are only a little more than Rodeway, the staff is extremely pleasant and helpful, and the beds are very, very comfortable!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank roamin_sec
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was a great place to stay. I booked this motel for my daughter's graduation at Humboldt. I have to say that it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The best part of the stay was how Dave and TJ took care of us. We had 12 people staying at the motel and each day he called and reserved a table for us at a very busy restaurant...not just one day, but two. I have never had such wonderful people take such good care of us. I felt like we were at a 5 star hotel. We actually felt like we were family after we left. I highly recommend this motel. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We needed a place to stay for one night on our way to Redwood National Park. I saw that this place had good reviews and so I booked it. It's certainly not a 5 star hotel and could use some updating, but the room was large, clean, comfortable and had everything that we needed. It was a good value for the money. If I was in town longer, I would have no problem staying there multiple days. It did seem to be close to things in town such as restaurants and gas stations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erin B
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

David and TJ were fantastic. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Good location and easy access as you come into town from the north. Will stay there again. They definitely know how to treat their customers right!

• Stayed: March 2013