1,698 results
All reviews koi pond garden area shamus t bones electric fireplace best westerns waffles parking lot hot tub business center great place to stay rooms were very clean free breakfast would stay here again great room road trip we've stayed king room
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Excellent stay. Clean and convenient. The staff was prepared for high volume during Humboldt graduation and handled it efficiently. Breakfast was very good, with a wide range of hours and good quality food.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

I was passing through the area with my daughter and needed a place for an overnight stay. Reading reviews I booked a reservation here. I cannot begin to explain how much of a mistake that was. There was a remodeling of the lobby happening and that’s where the trouble began. The makeshift lobby was small and clearly ill equipped to handle the business. I literally stood in line for an hour to get checked in. Twenty five minutes of that was spent standing outside in the cold, wind and actual rain along with five or six people behind me. Once at the desk there was no offering of explanation or expressed acknowledgement of what was happening; nothing. The room was ok, but had dirty pillows. The TV only had some channels working. Tried calling the front desk....there was NEVER an answer no matter how many times I tried. Calling this property a Best Western Plus should be considered an embarrassment by the parent company. The likelihood of me using any Best Western property in the future is apparently the same probability that someone at this hotel cared about their customers....NONE!

Trip type: Traveled with family
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. - Best Western Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed May 16, 2019

The hotel had nice grounds. That is all I can say nice about this hotel. I stay in Best Western over 100 nights a year throughout the West Coast. The room was dirty, the restroom was dirty, the carpet was old. This was an upgrade from standard Kink (loyalty program) I hate to see what a normal King room is like. There was no remote for the TV. Let the front desk know and they sent someone up 45 minutes later. Then the person looked around the room for the remote and could not find it. Left and came back 20 minutes later. The carpet was old and dirty.
The second day the main cleaned room, but forgot to clean. The room looked like it was cleaned and made up by a 10 year old.
My overall for this hotel is a 2 and should be removed from the "Best Western Hotel Chain"
I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS LOCATION AGAIN NEVER NEVER NEVER

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed May 14, 2019

We drove up from San Francisco with the sole purpose of seeing the giant trees.
the drive didn't disappoint. We used the next day to travel further north and see more of the trees. Currently breakfast is being served in a conference room while the hotel undergoes renovation. Breakfast was either cold cereal or microwave sandwiches.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2019

Stayed for two nights while visiting Redwoods National Park. It was a great location, less than an hour to the park and the hotel was easy to find. The room was quiet, we were on the third floor.

Breakfast was excellent, one of the best with breakfast burritos and waffles. So good.

Didn’t have much interaction with the staff, but would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple