“Great stay in Family Suite”

Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
California
“Great stay in Family Suite”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We recently stayed at the Bayshore Best Western because my son had a baseball tourney on the coast. I booked the family suite, which sleeps 6 and I was very pleased. The room is very spacious. The first room has two double beds, a flat screen TV and the bathroom is in this room. The sink area also has a microwave and frig. The bathroom is connected by a separate door, and that's where the tub/shower is located as well. The second room is a room off the main double bed room, and it is equipped with a queen bed and flat screen TV. It's a nice size.
The towels at the hotel were nice large, thick white towels, not the scary thin white towels I've experienced at some other Best Westerns! The shower curtain is cloth and the shower head is raised, and has a nice water fall appearance.
The bedding (the most important part!) is very soft, comfortable and feels like down. The white puffy feel of the duvet cover and comfy mattresses made us feel like we were in a high class hotel.
The motel offers a comp. breakfast, but we didn't take advantage of this option because we had breakfast plans. The local Marie Calendar's is on the property, and they offer a 10% discount if you show them your room key.
Overall, I would recommend this motel in a heart beat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 9, 2009

This is a great place to stay, clean in and out, nice staff, quality was like a 4 - 5 star hotel. Nice comfortable bed, quality linens and towels. Large rooms with a step-out balcony, oak furniture, desk and recliner. Show key at Marie Callenders, next door, and get 10% off or they provide 'room service'. Nice breakfast with eggs, patty sausage, toast, waffles, fruit and yogart. Outside entrance to your room, elevator or stairs. If you have the choice to stay in Arcada or Eureka, pick Eureka. Great value for the $. Plenty of parking. Grocery next door and gas station across the street. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed July 8, 2009

This hotel has everything a family could ask for. Clean room, courteous staff, close to sights, restaurants, the mall.....I loved it. The bedding is immaculate, white down comforters, there's a fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave in every room, and the wi-fi is super fast. The complementary breakfast the next day was perfect for the family, the waffle maker made perfect waffles. The only downside was that the family suite had only one bathroom, but that was okay. It was clean, in a safe location, and the staff was beyond accommodating, I think this is the best Best Western I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
sfo
Reviewed July 5, 2009

very relaxing, rooms are cozy, with LCD TV, breakfast included in the price

Foggy terrain makes it an interesting part of the trip -- especially, sight of redwood in he background

Food wise, we loved simple but delicious Mediterranean place-- Cafe Nooner (In downtown, 10 mintues drive from best western)

their Kabobs and veggie sandwich is the best

We drove from Bayarea, and was certainly worth 5 hr drive

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We used to stay only in Best Westerns when they were available. They seemed to have become old and dated in recent years. Who'd think the Best Western in Eureka would be the nicest hotel we've stayed in? The room was spotless, completely new, bed comfortable and TV and room huge. Coffee and tea available all day. Cookies in the lobby. Complimentary mints, water and Martinelli's in the room. The grounds in the garden section are beautiful. The desk staff was most helpful and friendly at all times. Lots to choose from for breakfast, a far cry from the old days of packaged sweet rolls and coffee. We ate dinner at Cafe Waterfront and enjoyed walking on the boardwalk to hear a band play. When our travels bring us back to Eureka, this is where we will stay.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Oakley, California
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Stayed June 27,2009 with my grown son. Beds were very comfy, my son snored the night away and he usually doesn't snore. Our room didn't look like any of the photos posted, but it looks similiar to some the higher end hotels I had stayed in recently. I was concerned about first floor, next to a major exit and the noise leave, but there was done.
except for a few rolly cases in the morning and that is to be expected.
PLEASANT surprise among many was ( this is a first in my many travels) in the garden court yard by the Koi pond, the hotel had two food carts with continental breakfast items set-out, so if you didn't want the FREE FULL breakfast offered in lobby area you could get what you wanted near your room. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2009
Pleasanton, CA
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I must first say that the pictures that I have seen of this hotel from various websites do absolutely NO justice, so I'm posting my own pictures. From the outside, the hotel looks fairly large and average, but when I stepped into my room, I was stunned! It was incredibly comfortable and decorated beautifully, complete with new carpeting and updated colors!

I didn't have much of a chance to interact with the staff, and the free morning breakfast was pretty much par for any other Best Western I've stayed at, but my accommodations were outstanding!

I requested a room facing the bay, so I was in the "Garden" rooms area. The buildings form a courtyard, where there's a pond, a hot tub and some places to sit and relax. When I got to my room, I was greeted with a fragrant mango scent in the room. I had a great view of the bay from my 2nd story window. The room included a desk to set up my laptop (along with an accompanying leather executive chair), free Internet (wifi and Ethernet), a parlor chair and footrest, and a big flatscreen television. Although there was a iron, ironing board, and coffeemaker, the room had no refrigerator nor a microwave. The shower was a step-in (no bathtub)- large and spacious, with tons of water pressure! The toilet had also been upgraded to one of those water-saving superflushers.

I will proclaim that I have NEVER slept in a hotel bed this comfortable...EVER! It was firm and plush, nice and stable, and it didn't squeak or do anything weird. Paired with the quiet climate control unit, I had a great night of sleep!

At an incredible AAA rate of $116, this room is a steal! I will always return to this hotel, when I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business