“Full Service Hotel on the Coast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
GET A $50 GIFT CARD
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Victor, Montana
“Full Service Hotel on the Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

In Eureka to see family. Booked the Best Western Bayshore Inn for 2 nights. Family said we should go somewhere else. Always believed Best Western tries to do a good job so we stayed there anyway. What a treat! Rooms were big, very clean, soundproofed and amenity rich. Felt like the room was just finished as it still had the "new car" smell. We stayed in the Garden side of the motel and overlooked the garden and spa. But, it was very quiet even with the fact that there many children staying there. Breakfast was good and adequate. Front desk was quick, efficient, and pleasant. We would recommend this hotel for families and business travelers. It sits next to the large shopping mall which makes shopping even easier. We were not fond of the Marie Calendar's restaurant which sits on the same property. Service was slow, apathetic and expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden side of the hotel. It's quieter.
2 Thank David M
emilymbayshore, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your response about your stay at our Inn here in Eureka, Ca.
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay and
we look forward to seeing you again the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Absolutely incredible. Staff went above and beyond for us, assisting us with computer/business/faxing issues, and even let me play the piano in the lobby. The room was clean, comfortable and more than enough space for an incredible value. Beds were some of the best sleeps we had on our road trip. The pool area was nicer than some 5 star hotels I've stayed at, and had a hot tub, sauna, and fitness area. Breakfast was hot and delicious. If you're passing through the area and need a place to stay, this is the place to go.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alex W
emilymbayshore, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write to our property and let me know about your stay. I am glad you had such a wonderful experience, We look foward to providing you with your future lodging needs.

Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Plymouth, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I just recently stayed at the Best Western Bayshore for the second time.
I have held events in their conference room as well.
This staff is absolutely wonderful. The front desk staff could not have been more accommodating to my needs. My supplies did not arrive on time and the staff quickly came to my rescue.
I would stay here again and again and highly recommend it to my colleagues when they travel in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Marie R
emilymbayshore, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay on trip Advisor this helps other future guests see what a great hotel we have. I look foward serving you with your future lodging needs.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My family (2 adults 2 children) stayed here in a double queen room for a couple of nights while we were visiting the redwoods. The staff was very friendly and professional and the breakfast was very good compared to a typical continental breakfast. The room (double queen) was clean and comfortable. The beds were also soft and comfortable. I only had two complaints making this a 4 dot review instead of the full 5 dots. The first was that the pool was very cold, to the point of it being uncomfortable for the kids and me. The second was the encouragement of smoking near the rooms by putting cigarette receptacles on the balcony outside the room. Every time we would open the room door smoke would billow in and smell up the room. Overall it was a nice place to stay and I would stay there again.

2 Thank Mike_SLC

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Had the two bedroom "suite" as we were travelling with my elderly father. Rooms were very clean but bathroom set-up awkward. The sink is open to the main bedroom and second bedroom user must trek past the bed to use the bathroom. Doesn't really work. Very pet friendly, supplied dog dinner and treats and bags, but no bed, and had a green space to take dog out. Unfortunately many ignorant dog owners hadn't used bags supplied and navigating the green space was tricky. Biggest complaint, and major for me, overuse of some deodorizer used in laundering? or otherwise? some febreeze type disgusting smell. For anyone even slightly sensitive to fragrance - a killer!!! Also someone was using a washing machine quite late in the evening so room was quite noisy. Once it stopped had a good sleep on very comfortable beds (using my own pillows).

3 Thank mmloves2travel

Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The king bed is comfortable. Don't get the roll away bed, you can feel the springs and does not support. At 3 in the morning an obnoxious drunk pounded on the door! Saying, "Open the door! Open the door!" I chased the kids to the corner and yelled "Who is it?" The drunk said, "Open the door, or I will kick the FUDGING door in!" I called the front desk and sent security. The drunk found his way home above us, stumbling, while his DOGS ran around. I called the desk again and then said the man was drunk and mistakened our room for his. Then if that is not enough, he decided to use the jacuzzi from 3-4 AM! Terrible. The children were fearful and crying, and shaking. For all this trouble, they gave us $35 off the bill and said there was nothing else they can do, but we can call the best western office.

Room Tip: If a drunk knocks on your door call the police not the front desk.
8 Thank 2Christine777
Thank you for taking your time to write us and let us now about your experience at our Inn. I am so sorry that this occured during your stay, usually these kind of things don't take place at our Inn, and it is very unfortunate that it did during your stay. I have taken extra measures to make sure that my staff is better prepared to handle situations like this should they occur again.

Gold Beach, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have stayed at this motel many times, more than 5. I was pleased each time by the value for the quality of service. This time I was taking my uncle, who is 88, we were visiting family. I decided to upgrade to a 2 room "suite". The 2 room suite is 2 cheap rooms, one bathroom and an adjoining door. There was no place to sit and watch tv, there was no advantage over not booking 2 rooms except for the disadvantage of having one bathroom and having to disturb the other party in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

My uncle woke up a few times and had to stumble through my room to find the bathroom in the dark. Then the poor man was woken up in the middle of the night by the alarm going off on the clock radio and he could not get it turned off, he did not want to wake me, so he struggled with it in the dark. He was exhausted the next day. Not what I expected when I decided to "treat" him to a vacation and paid the extra dollars to do so.

When I went to check out the next morning, I tried to explain this to the woman at the desk who really didn't care, there were other people and I was basically ignored.

For all this I paid nearly $200 for one night. Really????

I always stayed at this place when I visited Eureka as I do several times a year. I have recommended this place to many people. But this one is totally off my list and I am so sorry to have ruined my uncle's special family visit staying here and embarrassed to have spent so much money to do so.

If anyone is planning on having a "suite", this is not the place. But live and learn, next time I look for a suite I will ask it its just 2 cheap room and a shared bathroom.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask when booking a suite that it is actually that, it may save you from a ruined vacatio...
2 Thank rebeccanne g
emilymbayshore, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write to me and let me know how your stay at our Inn was. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. If you would like you to try our Hospitality again, I would like to offer you a 25 % discount. Please print this out and give it to my desk clerk at checkin.

Emily Manfredonia GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
BEST WESTERN PLUS Humboldt Bay Inn
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#7 of 21 in Eureka
4.0 of 5 stars 200 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn? Share your experiences!