“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Waterville, Maine
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The room was large with a comfortable bed, the shower and toilet were in separate room. The room had a microwave & refrigerator, free wireless HS internet. Access was by outside balcony with elevators to upper levels. There is also an ice machine and outdoor heated pool. Breakfast consists of cold cereal, gravy and biscuits, sausage patties, waffles, muffins, bagels, pastries, boiled eggs, orange & apple juice. There are restaurants and a shopping center next door.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 47MaineYankee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Lancaster, California
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My fiance was interviewing for a health inspector job in Eureka. So we decided to stay here . We thought we book a room in the inner protion apparently not. The pool/jacuzzi was nice but thats just about it!! We asked for a two bed room considering our friend was roadtripping with us. No they gave us a king room and sheets to make him sleep on the floor with. Our last day there a bunch of kids stayed in the room above us ( we stayed on the first floor) we called front desk numerous times to ask them to do something about it. Their response? "Their kids,leave them alone". Pissed and iiritated and tired. We packed our belongings into the car and checked out 10pm. I had a 12 hour drive back home. When I called the next day to ask for a partial refund. The manager said her night staff informed her that I went back to the hotel and even enjoyed a nice breakfast. EXCUSE ME?!?! I was irritated and so upset. I'm glad my fiance didn't take the job after all or else we would literally down grade. Eureka is boring with way to many drug addicts around.This hotel needs to be demolished and needs to better train their staff. They must not get many customers who actually travel and know what classy is because seriously. EVERYTHING they say about their hotel is a lie.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else. your wasting your money you can upgrade to an inside room for like 50 extra a n...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank may0529
Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Since our last stay in the adult section, which is very nice, they are building new buildings between the hotel and the bay. You can still see the bay from the top floor, but you mostly see the new buildings. Breakfast continues to be poor. But their chocolate chip cookies are great. We think they are a bit too expensive for what you get. Due to some oversight you have bathroom doors that hit each other and if you come out of the shower/toilet section of the bathroom you had better be sure no one is at the vanity as the door will smack them.

Room Tip: We stayed in 341 and 343. Both are the same and in the adult section which is very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mr_Del
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Eureka is a strange place with lots of stoners, burnouts and other misfits. This seems the safest and nicest place in town; it is priced accordingly. The staff were very helpful, as I booked a room for the incorrect night and they honored the reservation anyway. Good cookies at the desk and good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank John G
Escondido, California
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Happy to say that I experienced no problems during my stay at this Best Western. The staff was friendly and professional, the room was clean with a comfortable bed, the exercise facility had adequate equipment that all worked, and the free breakfast had ample selections. Having stayed at over 500 various Best Westerns throughout the United States, I have a basis of comparison when I say that this lodging ranks in the top five percent of the Best Westerns located within the USA.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MrLorin
London
Reviewed November 8, 2011

After staying in hotels in San Francisco, i was pleasantly surprised how clean, cheap and spacious this place was. Only stayed one night, it was very busy, but not too noisy. The breakfast in the morning was also a pleasant surprise, the wife very much enjoyed the waffle machine :) Would thoroughly recommend this place to other travellers!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Temuka
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Let me say first, that I do not usually spend a lot on lodgings, because I don't spend much time in them! Secondly, when one gets stuck somewhere unexpected due to car trouble late in the day, one takes what is available ...

With that out of the way, this is one of the better Best Westerns I've seen in the past few years. The room was spotless and the breakfast was pretty great. However, I would expect nothing less for a cool $196 for two queen beds for one night!

But seriously - a large jacuzzi tub right in the room??? I could see that in a room with one bed (of whatever size), but it just seemed ... odd ... to have it in a room that theoretically was shared and not the place for a romantic tryst.

The bathroom was large and fully equipped with hair dryer, etc., and the mini-fridge and coffee service were also in there. Another oddity, I feel.

There was a "balcony" that was just large enough for my 2-year-old grandson to step out onto - thankfully safely enclosed in very sturdy plexiglass - that overlooked the charming garden and koi pond. I noted that other travelers mentioned the snooty/rude attitude of staff here, and my daughter got a taste of it at the entrance to this idyllic spot. In all innocence, she and my grandson went to the doorway and tried to enter, because he wanted to see the fish. Some staff member demanded to know if she was staying in the "Garden Wing" and when she said she didn't know, but we could see it from our balcony, the staff member then rudely told her, "You can't go in - only people who belong can enter". My daughter took my grandson to the indoor pool and they had a wonderful time there, so that kind of made up for not getting in to see the koi, but really?????

I had occasion to chat briefly with a young man who was sweeping the street gutters all along the side of the inn. He was working hard, and it was about 86 degrees, but he had a cheerful attitude and just kept at it. I asked his name and told him I was impressed, so I wanted to tell the manager about his great work. He seemed really grateful. On checking out, I did tell the manager, who thanked me and said the guy was new, so it was good to hear he was a hard worker.

On the other hand, the desk clerk the night before was sullen and unwelcoming.

Breakfast. Wow, really nice. I don't eat cereals or breads, so I was really glad to see scrambled eggs, meat, and lots of it. They really do have good food, especially for a buffet breakfast that is free. You would just want to time your visit well, because it was really crowded to get the food, and the seating is a bit limited.

So in the end... my curiosity to see how the other half lives was satisfied, and let me tell you, I won't willingly spend that kind of money for lodgings again. It just isn't worth that kind of cash for a place to sleep and a nice breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family